Closed Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post

Geez Louise, now it sounds like the terrorists have won. Don't go the martyrdom route, no likes a martyr and they're generally no fun at parties. Just sayin'....

Believe me, I'm not being a martyr. It's just that coming here has lost it's entertainment value completely. I can take this place or leave it, and right now I don't feel like I'm being entertained. When you have a handful of posters who sit around patting each other, or whatever it is they are doing, and the mods totally ignore that, posting post after post of totally off-topic comments, you realize that the place has become more of a social club of a few who for whatever reason need the reaffirmation minute after minute.

If it is entertaining to constantly poke fun at people because they don't worship Phil Simms, then come here and be entertained. I prefer the football talk, and when I get derailed by trying to counter some of the "realists" posts, and then find that a person defending a player of the Giants is in the minority, it is time to move on. No hard feelings at all, but I'm sure that if you are honest you will realize that this place has become just what I described it as.

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Believe me, I'm not being a martyr. It's just that coming here has lost it's entertainment value completely. I can take this place or leave it, and right now I don't feel like I'm being entertained. When you have a handful of posters who sit around patting each other, or whatever it is they are doing, and the mods totally ignore that, posting post after post of totally off-topic comments, you realize that the place has become more of a social club of a few who for whatever reason need the reaffirmation minute after minute.

If it is entertaining to constantly poke fun at people because they don't worship Phil Simms, then come here and be entertained. I prefer the football talk, and when I get derailed by trying to counter some of the "realists" posts, and then find that a person defending a player of the Giants is in the minority, it is time to move on. No hard feelings at all, but I'm sure that if you are honest you will realize that this place has become just what I described it as.
    Well bye.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Look at those pecs..LOOK AT THEM.
    You mean those man boobs?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

You might want to lighten up my friend.
    It's the off season. Plenty of nuts and bolts football talk on the Giants MB.
    But when you see a thread "What if Eli won another SB"....It's not starting out as a serious football convo.
    The question is more about the possible reaction of posters more than anything else.

There is plenty of conversation about free agency, our scheme and how it translates to our new personnel, the draft and where our focus should be. etc.....
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Now you're just describing every internet message board ever.

I accept this place for what it is, just like every other message board in the world. I have no other expectations of it. One day of reading posts should be enough to convince anyone that it's a fan site, nothing more. If anyone is coming here for deep analytical insight into football - god help them - clearly they're going to the wrong place.

Internet message boards are part social, part subject matter...this place is like Sports Talk Radio for the internet.