+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    +1 We have a chance to have a dominant defense.

BTW, where do you have Donte Moncrief going?
    Moncrief is probably going to be picked in the 3rd maybe late 2nd. He is another WR I like a lot

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Moncrief is probably going to be picked in the 3rd maybe late 2nd. He is another WR I like a lot

Thanks! I was looking at the highlights you put up on Cody Latimer, that kid is a beast too.

There are a lot of really good WR prospects this year, that's one reason I've changed my mind about taking Evans in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think hes more of a inline blocker then his type of TE's usually are. Theres definetly something to work with in that category for Ebron, unlike some other guys, who u can tell, are just never gonna be adequete in that regard.
    Do not get me wrong, I think he has the chance to develop into a blocker. The best thing he did for himself this offseason was come into the combine and display his impressive physique. He has the potential to develop the strength required to be an inline blocker.

However, this thread is about not taking developmental players and if you want an inline TE, then Ebron is exactly that, a developmental player.

He is awkward coming out of his 3 point stance right now. In the few instances where he did inline block he always tries to use his right arm/ shoulder as his dominant arm. This is a terrible habbit as it prevent any chance of ever being able to seal block on the LT side which is a requirement as a TE. In truth, as a inline blocker he is at a high school level. He doesn't shy away from it, which is good and he does block well in space vs smaller defenders. But he absolutely is a developmental player as an inline TE. or H-back.

On the flip side, as a slot receiver or in space player he is the opposite of a developmental player. He has huge skills.

So in the end it all depends on how we will use a TE in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Thanks! I was looking at the highlights you put up on Cody Latimer, that kid is a beast too.

There are a lot of really good WR prospects this year, that's one reason I've changed my mind about taking Evans in the 1st.
    No problem man. I really like Latimer! He really has nice size and nice hops. I was really surprised with his sub 4.4 40 too! In the 4th-5th round he could be a real steal!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Veteran
    Question:
    Are you guys saying that Ebron is truly on par with the likes of Shockey/Winslow Jr./Davis as prospects coming out?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Do not get me wrong, I think he has the chance to develop into a blocker. The best thing he did for himself this offseason was come into the combine and display his impressive physique. He has the potential to develop the strength required to be an inline blocker.

However, this thread is about not taking developmental players and if you want an inline TE, then Ebron is exactly that, a developmental player.

He is awkward coming out of his 3 point stance right now. In the few instances where he did inline block he always tries to use his right arm/ shoulder as his dominant arm. This is a terrible habbit as it prevent any chance of ever being able to seal block on the LT side which is a requirement as a TE. In truth, as a inline blocker he is at a high school level. He doesn't shy away from it, which is good and he does block well in space vs smaller defenders. But he absolutely is a developmental player as an inline TE. or H-back.

On the flip side, as a slot receiver or in space player he is the opposite of a developmental player. He has huge skills.

So in the end it all depends on how we will use a TE in this offense.
    First off, lets call this what it is, a college draft. Every single player is developmental. The one skill Ebron would need to finesse is his blocking, which is very teachable. Eveyrthing else is there and can only get better. As a first round and potential top ten pick, everyone of those guys are expected to have some type of immediate impact, as Im sure is always the case. My good buddy is a Tarheel and played a year of footbal there so Ive watched many UNC games and can say Ebron is not nearly as bad an inline blocker as some posters here make him out to be. You pretty much quoted the CBS sports knitwit who commented on his inline blocking. That guy is a toolbag, but even he compared Ebron to the likes of Vernon Davis. Ebron is a special TE and I would usually steer clear of a TE in the first, but not in this case. If he can stay healthy, mark my words, Ebron will be a dominating figure in the NFL and a mismatch nightmare. If we can get him or another good TE this draft and maybe pick up one more decent WR, I think our offensive will be explosive. Plus Jennings is a threat with the screens and other pass plays. We just gotta grab one or two Olineman as well.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Matthews OT TAM college..

i just want to say, NO ONE can compare to Vernon Davis. Dudes just honestly an absolute freak. he ran a 4.38 40 and put up 225 33 times... in comparrison Ebron ran a 4.6 and put up 225 24 times. in no way bad for a TE, its actually extremely good, but no one compares to Davis and thats why he was a 6 pick.

Ebron is good prospect and i would be mad with that pick, but i just firmly believe we could grab a great player like Donald at 12 and then get another starter in ASJ or Niklas in the 2nd. fills 2 needs and 2 starters with 2 great values.

1. Donald- DT
    2. ASJ- TE
    3. Travis Swanson- C
    4. Brandon Coleman- WR

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i just want to say, NO ONE can compare to Vernon Davis. Dudes just honestly an absolute freak. he ran a 4.38 40 and put up 225 33 times... in comparrison Ebron ran a 4.6 and put up 225 24 times. in no way bad for a TE, its actually extremely good, but no one compares to Davis and thats why he was a 6 pick.

Ebron is good prospect and i would be mad with that pick, but i just firmly believe we could grab a great player like Donald at 12 and then get another starter in ASJ or Niklas in the 2nd. fills 2 needs and 2 starters with 2 great values.

1. Donald- DT
    2. ASJ- TE
    3. Travis Swanson- C
    4. Brandon Coleman- WR
    you mean just in this dragt?

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post

1. Donald- DT
    2. ASJ- TE
    3. Travis Swanson- C
    4. Brandon Coleman- WR
    I agree Ebrons no Davis, but although your combine and pro day can certainly drive your stock up or down a bit, it does not determine how well one will play in the NFL. Tons of great players had bad combines.. Suggs, Bowman, Haden, Boldin, Dumervil etc. btw I like ur 4 rounds

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson