+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Too bad it would be way too much to give up to move up 12 spots. Clowney would be awesome and in our thinnest position on the defense (DE).

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Doesn't apply to the giants. If anything they should think about moving back in a draft this deep to secure more picks
    Im down with this

Banned
    If I was in the Texans situation I'd draft Clowney with the first pick. Then maybe go Garrapalo in the 2nd rd. Pairing up Clowney with JJ Watt would be a scary defense.

Maybe someone like Atlanta wants to trade up for Clowney? I dont see the Rams or Cleveland trading up. Maybe Jacksonville could be thrown into the mix. Clowney would bolster their defense, but they may want to address QB with their 1st rd pick.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Maybe someone like Atlanta wants to trade up for Clowney? I dont see the Rams or Cleveland trading up. Maybe Jacksonville could be thrown into the mix. Clowney would bolster their defense, but they may want to address QB with their 1st rd pick.
    Atlanta needs more help at Offense, Ryan got killed last year. Jax will take a QB in the first, as its their achilles.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

yeah tailgatin, I could see Atlanta grabbing the best available LT at 6 also. But I think their pass rush could use some help.

Now as for jacksonville, it might not cost them as much to go from 3 to 1. But if they dont have to give up their 2nd rd pick in that scenario, maybe they can see who is available at QB in the 2nd rd?
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    yeah tailgatin, I could see Atlanta grabbing the best available LT at 6 also. But I think their pass rush could use some help.

Now as for jacksonville, it might not cost them as much to go from 3 to 1. But if they dont have to give up their 2nd rd pick in that scenario, maybe they can see who is available at QB in the 2nd rd?
    I think Jacksonville will sit on their pick. Either way they will get one of the top 3 QBS. Most likely they will get the 1st of the board if Texans are looking to trade out. Someone might trade up for Clowney. StL will take Watkins or robinson. leaving Jacksonville with their pick on the QB class

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    StL will take Watkins or robinson.
    I could see Mathews easily going before Robinson here. Footballs all he knows. He's cousins with Clay Mathews (GB) as well as Casey Mathews (LB Eagles) and his dad was a hall of famer as well. His brother plays Center for the Aggies. The dude bleeds football.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Im against trading back this year. Theres so much talent and excitement around the top ten, and big blue hasnt been in this position for a while now so why not enjoy it. Hopefully we wont be here again for a while. The only trade I'd be ok with is up for Clowney, but know this is a pipe-dream. As much as I want another SB this year, there's no denying we are in the state of rebuilding and will def have a new HC soon as well. If thats the case, Clowney fits the scheme and Id be willing to give up some picks, especially after the great job (IMO) that we did in free agency. Clowney is a freak of nature and a once in a decade DE. Realistically, I never see us doing this and maybe it wouldnt be in our best interest, but you wouldn't hear me complaining.

- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    I could see Mathews easily going before Robinson here. Footballs all he knows. He's cousins with Clay Mathews (GB) as well as Casey Mathews (LB Eagles) and his dad was a hall of famer as well. His brother plays Center for the Aggies. The dude bleeds football.
    very true. but doesn't change the point of my post. STL isn't taking a QB