+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'll go uncommonly ballsy here...

1. CLE (Packages their double 1st rounders to HOU for the #1 overall): Jadaveon Clowney DE
    2. STL: Greg Robinson OT
    3: JAX: Sammy Watkins WR
    4: HOU (trade with CLE): Blake Bortles QB
    5. OAK: Johnny Manziel QB
    6. ATL: Jake Matthews OT
    7: TB: Taylor Lewan OT
    8: MIN: Teddy Bridgewater QB
    9: BUF: Eric Ebron TE
    10: DET: Justin Gilbert CB
    11: TEN: Khalil Mack OLB

12: NYJ makes a trade, offering NYG their 2nd round pick, as well as their 2nd in 2015, to move up from 18 and select Mike Evans WR.

13: STL: Ha Ha Clinton Dix FS
    14: CHI: Timmy Jernigan DT
    15: PIT: Darqueze Dennard CB
    16: DAL: Aaron Donald DT
    17: BAL: Calvin Pryor FS
    18: NYG: Kony Ealy DE
    So in your trade scenario the Giants would get the Jets 1st round pick, #18, plus the Jets 2nd round pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick?
    Is that the equivalent or close to point value for this trade? If so, it can be very good for us.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    So in your trade scenario the Giants would get the Jets 1st round pick, #18, plus the Jets 2nd round pick this year and next year's 2nd round pick?
    Is that the equivalent or close to point value for this trade? If so, it can be very good for us.
    Its not, but it is a possibility especially with the jets. I had them moving up to our spot for a CB. Since Dennard and Gilbert will be there if Evans is there then its 50/50 WR/CB cause they're both positions of need.

In my scenario we pick Benjamin at 18. Ealy would be a good pick as well.

Its documented that the Jets needs CB since they couldn't lock any in FA or retain their own cromartie. Since they are desperate their 1st and 2nd plus next years 2nd is reasonable and viable

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Dave Brown is not amused..
    lmfao

Veteran
    What about this, no quarterbacks taken in the top 10. Why reach for one here? Are these guys locks to turn your franchise around?
    I love Manziel and wish him the best no matter what team grabs him, he'll be fun to watch (not against the Giants) to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    The Giants haven't taken a LB in the 1st Round in 30 years. After resigning Beason and bringing in McClain, they're not going to break the streak, let alone trade up to do so.
    I don't agree with this - Mack is the cleanest defensive player in this draft --- I'm a bit wary of saying this but I see a little LT in the kid.

If Mack slided to #8 he is one of the few guys I'd be ok with the Giants moving up for. Mack has the ability to make us a dominating defense. I think he has scheme versatility and is a player you can move all over the field and allow him to create havoc. For the Giants I think he's the most impactful player in the draft.
    Last edited by BleedingBlue123; 03-29-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    If Evans is there.. I hope we don't trade the pick.. Gonna be a stud
    I would be excited by that trade down scenario with the Jets - not sure how realistic getting 2 #2 picks is but I would do that.

Also like Ealy as a replacement for Tuck. In second I get our TE (S-Jenkins/Niklas) and maybe a DT (Hageman/Easley) or OL (Martin/USC or Su-A-Filo - UCLA)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Why would u have to wonder about Barr playing DE or LB? He's quick as lightening and will be fine in pass protection and is a beast at pass rushing, put him on strong side. I'd actually take him over Mack based on size, speed, and the fact he played in a much tougher conference in pac12
    I've heard numerous (scouts/experts) question Barr's scheme fit --- most think he's a stand up 3/4 OLB.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Mack is the cleanest defensive player in this draft ---
    As in he uses a lot of purell sanitizer? I guess so. Clowney has more potential than any DE coming out of college in the last 10 years. Mack's a beast, but if anything I'd compare LT's athleticism and expectations to Clowney.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    I've heard numerous (scouts/experts) question Barr's scheme fit --- most think he's a stand up 3/4 OLB.
    Barr's quick and smart enough to play all over. Analysts always gotta find something to talk about. Barr can cover and rush no problem.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    Could be, possibly even the 1st in 2015 instead as well.

I wasn't considering what the trade value would actually be, I'm just saying that having someone like Evans fall to us could get us some nice draft beef.

What would be even better is if Carolina tried to trade up all the way from #28. They'd have to give us essentially an RG3-type of deal to do that... but they'd only do it if we were on the clock at 12 and someone like Evans fell to us.

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.