+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Could be, possibly even the 1st in 2015 instead as well.

I wasn't considering what the trade value would actually be, I'm just saying that having someone like Evans fall to us could get us some nice draft beef.

What would be even better is if Carolina tried to trade up all the way from #28. They'd have to give us essentially an RG3-type of deal to do that... but they'd only do it if we were on the clock at 12 and someone like Evans fell to us.
    Atl to the Browns for Julio Jones would be a better comparison lol. either way I would be ecstatic with that result

I dont understand how the texans would not take clowney. The only thing that will stop him from being one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL is his motor and work ethic and the one team where I am convinced that clowney's problems will be a non issue is the texans.

You think JJ Watt will let some rookie get away with that? They will play the same position so they will be working together closely so clowney will be working hard. They could end up having the best two defensive players in the NFL on that line.

Any other team I am not 100% convinced Clowney will succeed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giants8493 View Post
    I dont understand how the texans would not take clowney. The only thing that will stop him from being one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL is his motor and work ethic and the one team where I am convinced that clowney's problems will be a non issue is the texans.

You think JJ Watt will let some rookie get away with that? They will play the same position so they will be working together closely so clowney will be working hard. They could end up having the best two defensive players in the NFL on that line.

Any other team I am not 100% convinced Clowney will succeed.
    Because the texans have no true answer at QB and you need a QB to win in this league.

Veteran
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

Houston Texans: QB/OL/LB/DE/RB-Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    St. Louis Rams: WR/OL/CB/S- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    Jacksonville Jags: QB/RB/CB/WR/OL- Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
    Cleveland Browns: QB/RB/OL/WR- Blake Bortles QB UCF
    Oakland Raiders: QB/DL/WR/OL- Jhonny Manziel QB TA&M
    Atlanta Flacons: DL/LB/OL/TE- Greg Robinson OT Auburn
    Tampa Bay Bucs: OL/CB/DL/QB- Jake Matthews OT TA&M
    Minnesota Vikings: QB/CB/S/OL- Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    Buffalo Bills: WR/LB/CB/S- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    Detroit Lions: CB/WR/S/OL- Mike Evans WR TA&M
    Tennessee Titans: OL/CB/RB/WR/QB- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma

The Titans can also go the route of Darqueze Dennard depending on who they rate higher between the two. I mocked Gilbert to them because I believe he is the better of the two.

I also have a scenario where if Clowney somehow falls to 5 the Cowboys will jump up to get him. "Jerry signing off on this would not surprise me at all… not at all."
    Last edited by rainierjef; 03-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    As in he uses a lot of purell sanitizer? I guess so. Clowney has more potential than any DE coming out of college in the last 10 years. Mack's a beast, but if anything I'd compare LT's athleticism and expectations to Clowney.
    Clowney isn't clean when it comes to those questions about his effort/commitment and love for the game.

Great athlete - suspect heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Barr's quick and smart enough to play all over. Analysts always gotta find something to talk about. Barr can cover and rush no problem.
    They aren't finding the same problems with Mack but I will take your opinion over the guys who get paid for their opinion.

By the way -- I like Barr - won't be dissapointed if we get him but at the same time --- I do have some small doubts about him.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
    http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

Houston Texans: QB/OL/LB/DE/RB-Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    St. Louis Rams: WR/OL/CB/S- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    Jacksonville Jags: QB/RB/CB/WR/OL- Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
    Cleveland Browns: QB/RB/OL/WR- Blake Bortles QB UCF
    Oakland Raiders: QB/DL/WR/OL- Jhonny Manziel QB TA&M
    Atlanta Flacons: DL/LB/OL/TE- Greg Robinson OT Auburn
    Tampa Bay Bucs: OL/CB/DL/QB- Jake Matthews OT TA&M
    Minnesota Vikings: QB/CB/S/OL- Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    Buffalo Bills: WR/LB/CB/S- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    Detroit Lions: CB/WR/S/OL- Mike Evans WR TA&M
    Tennessee Titans: OL/CB/RB/WR/QB- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma

The Titans can also go the route of Darqueze Dennard depending on who they rate higher between the two. I mocked Gilbert to them because I believe he is the better of the two.

I also have a scenario where if Clowney somehow falls to 5 the Cowboys will jump up to get him. "Jerry signing off on this would not surprise me at all… not at all."
    Lions are in desprate need of a CB, and just spent big bucks on Golden Tate to be Megatrons right hand man. Before that signing, WR was a bigger need for Det, but now, they can't pass on a Justin Gilbert. Tennessee might go Darqueze Dennard because they really need a CB as well, but I do not see Gilbert getting by Det in any way, shape, or form.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Lions are in desprate need of a CB, and just spent big bucks on Golden Tate to be Megatrons right hand man. Before that signing, WR was a bigger need for Det, but now, they can't pass on a Justin Gilbert. Tennessee might go Darqueze Dennard because they really need a CB as well, but I do not see Gilbert getting by Det in any way, shape, or form.
    I was reading a couple of posters on the Lions boards and they were saying that they have a young group of guys up and coming and that they would want Barr/Evans or Mack if available. They were content riding what they had at CB into the next season, sure these are just fans speaking, but i have very little knowledge of the teams needs and their pulse is more accurate.

I was reading a couple of posters on the Lions boards and they were saying that they have a young group of guys up and coming and that they would want Barr/Evans or Mack if available. They were content riding what they had at CB into the next season, sure these are just fans speaking, but i have very little knowledge of the teams needs and their pulse is more accurate.
    There pass defense was a mess and has next to nothing, outside of Chris Houston, whos not all that.. They also lost Louis Delmas, who was good against the pass. I don't see it, but anything is possible, I suppose.

Because the texans have no true answer at QB and you need a QB to win in this league.
    You wont have a true answer at QB either. There are not any can't miss QB prospects. You can get a QB any year. you only have the opportunity to pass on a guy like him once.