+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    19,043

    Derrick Ward speaks out about Desean Jackson


  2. #2
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,650
    You know what? Ward is absolutely right

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post

    Haha love it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You know what? Ward is absolutely right
    No he is not. Desean Jackson is making millions of dollars. You think if a CEO of a company was photographed taking several pictures with gang members and throwing up gang signs on several occasions, they wouldn't be fired?

    you are nuts

  5. #5
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    No he is not. Desean Jackson is making millions of dollars. You think if a CEO of a company was photographed taking several pictures with gang members and throwing up gang signs on several occasions, they wouldn't be fired?

    you are nuts
    Try reading what he said.

    I am not a Jackson fan by any means - I think he is a total knucklehead. But for nj.com to come out with a story suggesting he has all these criminal ties without an ounce of support seems like a real hatchet job. As far as I know, the guy has never been arrested or involved in any sort of criminal problem since he's been in the league.

    The Eagles cut him because he is a pain in the *** who is making too much money. I'm guessing that the Eagles leaked out all this gang stuff to minimize the backlash from their fans when they cut the guy

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Try reading what he said.

    I am not a Jackson fan by any means - I think he is a total knucklehead. But for nj.com to come out with a story suggesting he has all these criminal ties without an ounce of support seems like a real hatchet job. As far as I know, the guy has never been arrested or involved in any sort of criminal problem since he's been in the league.

    The Eagles cut him because he is a pain in the *** who is making too much money. I'm guessing that the Eagles leaked out all this gang stuff to minimize the backlash from their fans when they cut the guy
    I did read what Ward said. Also, i have heard a few people claim that the eagles leaked the story. That makes no sense to me. The eagles were trying to trade Jackson. Why would they leak this story to basically cement the fact that they will get no return on him?

    I do agree that there is no hard, direct evidence that Jackson is linked to criminal action. I also do not think that is the point the article was trying to get across. All they reported was that he has been publically displaying gang signs, and is at least moderately acquainted with some gang members.

    The eagles, a business, are completely in their own right to release jackson for any reason whatsoever. If they feel he has ties to gang members, and they don't like that, they are allowed to fire him.

    Now, a disclaimer is I do not know what ESPN said yesterday about this, and if they tried to imply that he is a criminal or a gangmember then I disagree with them saying that, there is no evidence for that.

  7. #7


    Oh no founder of Universal Records Jimmy Iovine pictured with current gang member Chief Keef.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,635
    Frankly even if it was a giants superstar player throwing around gang signs I dont feel the NFL, or society in general, should tolerate that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I did read what Ward said. Also, i have heard a few people claim that the eagles leaked the story. That makes no sense to me. The eagles were trying to trade Jackson. Why would they leak this story to basically cement the fact that they will get no return on him?

    I do agree that there is no hard, direct evidence that Jackson is linked to criminal action. I also do not think that is the point the article was trying to get across. All they reported was that he has been publically displaying gang signs, and is at least moderately acquainted with some gang members.

    The eagles, a business, are completely in their own right to release jackson for any reason whatsoever. If they feel he has ties to gang members, and they don't like that, they are allowed to fire him.

    Now, a disclaimer is I do not know what ESPN said yesterday about this, and if they tried to imply that he is a criminal or a gangmember then I disagree with them saying that, there is no evidence for that.
    This story came out when they CUT Jackson. Not while they were trying to trade him. It is likely that this information came from the Eagles' organization, though not certain.

    Of all the people in the NFL to do a hatchet job on they pick a guy with no record. And they say he was displaying gang signs. It's a joke. What is a gang sign? Who says that he was showing them.

    Just more of the same BS from NFL media. The league is hard to take these days, no longer about playing football it's about all this extra crap in the TV ratings. I stick to watching the games only these days.

  10. #10
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The Eagles cut him because he is a pain in the *** who is making too much money. I'm guessing that the Eagles leaked out all this gang stuff to minimize the backlash from their fans when they cut the guy

    This; the gang stuff is simply the means to the end.

    He was cut because the Eagles wanted out of a bad contract that no other NFL team was dumb enough to pick up. Which, in and of itself is pretty amazing considering how stupid most NFL teams are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts