+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If no Evans available at 12

I think we should trade down and pick up Zack Martin. If we drop to 18-20, we can probably get an extra 2nd rounder. In second, I would put priority on DE and TE. According to most sites, very good prospects at those positions early in the second. I wouldn't know really, but from what I've read these seems like the way to go.

Hard to really know what is going to happen with so much uncertainty at the QB position in the draft. If a guy like Manziel is still available that spot could be worth a lot. But there has to be a guy that is worth trading up for.

Or just take Martin at #12..

Trade down theories are nice, but it isn't that easy. You need a team willing to trade up and give you what you want. Until that happens it is just fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by bringsimmsback View Post
    I think we should trade down and pick up Zack Martin. If we drop to 18-20, we can probably get an extra 2nd rounder. In second, I would put priority on DE and TE. According to most sites, very good prospects at those positions early in the second. I wouldn't know really, but from what I've read these seems like the way to go.
    There is some logic to what you are saying, would be worth the additional second round pick!

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    You'd really want the 4th best tackle in the first? I keep saying, we can easily get the first or second best DT OLB DE TE CB WR. I'll break something if we pick Martin.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

WR's are deep in this draft. Taking Evans at 12 is a mistake in my view.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Hey bringsimmsback, in your scenario, who would be available at 12 with Evans gone? Would Donald and Barr be gone as well?

Im all for a trade down, if it meant an extra 2nd and/or 3rd rd pick. I would be ok with Shazier in the later part of rd 1. Maybe throw in Ealy into the mix. Another later 1st rd pick I would be ok with is Yankey. I guess I wouldnt hate the Martin pick, Id like it more than a TE at 12.

And like another poster mentioned, the Giants will have to find someone that is wanting to trade up and give the Giants that extra pick.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Or just take Martin at #12..
    This would be bad. If we want Martin, then we should trade down. He is not good enough to justify the 12 the pick in this draft.

Trade up to get Evans if you have too

The proud and UNDEFEATED defender of Eli Manning