+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bradley Roby vs Jared Abbrederis -Draft rankings?

Bradley Roby vs Jared Abbrederis -Draft rankings?

I find it interesting that most sites have Bradley Roby as a top 6 CB that could be drafted late first or sometime in the second round. Jared is listed as about the 16th rated WR. Most sites have Jared going in the third or fourth round. I don't know if the depth at WR has something to do with this. I watched the game film of Roby vs Abbrederis. Jared destroyed Roby. I believe Roby got called for holding twice. The video shows at least two or three other times where Roby clearly grabbed Jareds jersey and nothing got called. Am I missing something as to their projected draft round?

Simple. You don't base a draft analysis off one game

No put a lot of people like to point out one game case in point Lewan.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    this and the fact that they are two completely different positions.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Maybe not but Roby had a few real bad games last year. Unlike line positions where a player can improve strength and hand technique,dont think a CB with such bad flaws is fixable.

Banned
    Its also the depth at WR in this years draft. That kid the WR from Wisconsin can play. Definitely won't light up his pre-draft workouts, but he can play!! We don't really need a possession receiver like him, but if he's there in the 4th rd it'd be tough to pass him up.

Don't care aboit rankibgs, I've seen Bradley Roby every single game ( die hard Buckeye fan ) and he is a beast, plain and simple, he is a winner and has all the tools to be a great one in the next level.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Bradley Roby is a really good athlete. He was probably the best CB heading into the season but he had a bad year. He has all of the tools to be a stud CB and very well could be the best CB in the draft if he comes back to the level of play that he was last season. He struggled big time this year which is why he has dropped to 6. The CB position in this draft is way less deep than the WR position which is crazy deep. I mean there are absolute studs that can be had in the 3rd round. After Gilbert and Dennard at CB there aren't really that many sure CB's out there...

That is why I think that Roby is a 6 at his position while Abbrederis is 16th..

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    Maybe not but Roby had a few real bad games last year. Unlike line positions where a player can improve strength and hand technique,dont think a CB with such bad flaws is fixable.
    Technique is important at every position, CB is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    The disparity in technique between collegiate and NFL corners is probably the greatest among the defensive positions. Even in college schemes that run man coverage,the philosophy is completely different to counter the spread offenses that still dominate NCAA. There is a lot to work on and improve with even the best of CB prospects.

+ Reply to Thread