+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next year Salary cap...

This year we are at about $118,357,838 that's $5,310,832 under the cap.

With all the free agents we have next year (we have a lot) our cap is going to be around $81,472,660 that will give us around $38,527,340 in cap space.

Can someone confirm this??

If that's correct we have the money to sign TT, Super Mario, Ross and give Osi, Tuck, JPP and VC a new deal. Plus sign a big free agent.

What you think??

Re: Next year Salary cap...

Good news, However if next year we have our original players approximately 15 with ( 2) superbowl rings along with this years team; how if any will that effect budget?

[quote user="dan1552"]Good news, However if next year we have our original players approximately 15 with (* 2) superbowl rings* along with this years team; how if any will that effect budget?
    [/quote]

Got a point, some of our free agents will ask for big bucks then. I dunno how it's gonna happen or if we that much cap space. That's an estimate. I wish someone can actually get the real number for us.

[quote user="SkippyNyG87"]This year we are at about $118,357,838 that's $5,310,832 under the cap.

With all the free agents we have next year (we have a lot) our cap is going to be around $81,472,660 that will give us around $38,527,340 in cap space.

Can someone confirm this??

If that's correct we have the money to sign TT, Super Mario, Ross and give Osi, Tuck, JPP and VC a new deal. Plus sign a big free agent.

What you think??[/quote] I'd let Ross walk as thats why u draft guys like Prince Amukumura to begin with and re-sign TT to a not to rich deal as we don't know how he'll return yet.. As far as Super mario I'd probably let him Walk as well as u see some of the ridiculous contracts Wr's get when there FA's and alot of times you can find that production but simply doing your research and drafting well or if your lucky getting a guy like Cruz as a UDF.. I woulden't go crazy on mario as he would be our 3rd WR and u can't afford to give 3rd WR's the kinda doe i think teams will probably offer mario.. A team like Jacksonville or Clevland or St louis will probably pony up big Doe for mario

Shamelessly stealing this from another thread:

Those guys are unrestricted free agents:
    Mario Manningham
    Kareem McKenzie
    Jonathan Goff
    Aaron Ross
    Terrell Thomas
    Rocky Bernard
    Deon Grant
    Dave Tollefson

MM - The money he will want isn't worth being the #3. Ashame since on certain days he can be a good #2 or even a #1. Not the smartest dude but I wish him luck.

Kmac - Thanks for the service throughout the years big man but it's Brewer's time to shine next year.

Goff - Probably. He was looking pretty good in training camp before the injury. I'll be surprised if he's on other teams' radars at the moment.

Ross - Either him or TT. This GB game and whatever else comes will play a huge factor into his future here or elsewhere.

TT - See above. I think we sign one of them and let the other go.

Bernard - They felt pretty damn good about Austin before he got hurt and who knows if they have a DT in their sights. I'd say most likely not since he's overpaid.

Deon - He's regressed from last year even though I like him as a person. Probably another walker.

Tolly - I think we resign him too. There might be interest from other teams but I think most FO's recognize he would be an average starter at best and not worth a big contract.

This isn't even getting into possible cuts. Diehl, Beckum, Sintim, etc.

or trade scenarios like with Osi.

I think we're in store for lots of change on the roster this upcoming season.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Shamelessly stealing this from another thread: Those guys are unrestricted free agents: Mario Manningham Kareem McKenzie Jonathan Goff Aaron Ross Terrell Thomas Rocky Bernard Deon Grant Dave Tollefson MM - The money he will want isn't worth being the #3. Ashame since on certain days he can be a good #2 or even a #1. Not the smartest dude but I wish him luck. Kmac - Thanks for the service throughout the years big man but it's Brewer's time to shine next year. Goff - Probably. He was looking pretty good in training camp before the injury. I'll be surprised if he's on other teams' radars at the moment. Ross - Either him or TT. This GB game and whatever else comes will play a huge factor into his future here or elsewhere. TT - See above. I think we sign one of them and let the other go. Bernard - They felt pretty damn good about Austin before he got hurt and who knows if they have a DT in their sights. I'd say most likely not since he's overpaid. Deon - He's regressed from last year even though I like him as a person. Probably another walker. Tolly - I think we resign him too. There might be interest from other teams but I think most FO's recognize he would be an average starter at best and not worth a big contract. This isn't even getting into possible cuts. Diehl, Beckum, Sintim, etc. or trade scenarios like with Osi. I think we're in store for lots of change on the roster this upcoming season.[/quote]If we are not changing we are going backwards.

I agree with all of your comments. I believe that Goff is a value play. If someone likes him, let him walk he's not that good. If we can get him in the right pricing slot then re-sign him. Same is true with MM only it's more likely that someone will give him #1 money which will not work for us. We won't know how to play the TT and AR thing until we know more about TT's progress in rehabbing that knee. Either one of them however shouldn't break the bank.

No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Shamelessly stealing this from another thread:

Those guys are unrestricted free agents:
    Mario Manningham
    Kareem McKenzie
    Jonathan Goff
    Aaron Ross
    Terrell Thomas
    Rocky Bernard
    Deon Grant
    Dave Tollefson

MM - The money he will want isn't worth being the #3. Ashame since on certain days he can be a good #2 or even a #1. Not the smartest dude but I wish him luck.

Kmac - Thanks for the service throughout the years big man but it's Brewer's time to shine next year.

Goff - Probably. He was looking pretty good in training camp before the injury. I'll be surprised if he's on other teams' radars at the moment.

Ross - Either him or TT. This GB game and whatever else comes will play a huge factor into his future here or elsewhere.

TT - See above. I think we sign one of them and let the other go.

Bernard - They felt pretty damn good about Austin before he got hurt and who knows if they have a DT in their sights. I'd say most likely not since he's overpaid.

Deon - He's regressed from last year even though I like him as a person. Probably another walker.

Tolly - I think we resign him too. There might be interest from other teams but I think most FO's recognize he would be an average starter at best and not worth a big contract.

This isn't even getting into possible cuts. Diehl, Beckum, Sintim, etc.

or trade scenarios like with Osi.

I think we're in store for lots of change on the roster this upcoming season.[/quote]

No need for me to say much more... this pretty much says it all
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

I want to keep Ross. He has been solid for most of the year, and thinking about having to face Brees and Rodgers in the playoffs for the foreseeable future I kind of what that type of talent level in our 4th CB. I don't know much about Coe, Witherspoon or Bruce Johnson, I mean if one of them can out perform Ross than by all means let him walk, but I don't think any of them can.

We should be around 4 mil in cap space at the moment. That original estimation is a bit dated as it came after Deon Grant and Chase Blackburn resigning.

Thanks for the input guys. I think we are gonna be good next year. We will have the money to sign who we want and fix some contracts. Eli, Rolle and Canty def need to fix their contracts. All tho Eli is ELI'te he is making lots of money and should think bout making this team better. He ain't gonna starve giving up 2 or 3 mill.