+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 2014 Salaries

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,619

    2014 Salaries

    Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  2. #2
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
    "penciled"???? that's cold!

  4. #4
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,355
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    "penciled"???? that's cold!
    Rosey knows who he can trust...........
    No one remembers who came in second.

  5. #5
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,619
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Rosey knows who he can trust...........


    Actually that was a terrible OP as I forgot to post a link and didn't explain the point well.

    Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

    http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

    http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
    That's how it works... The signing bonus is paid out instantly, but the hit from it is spread along the life of the contract. "Prorated bonus" lists what proportion of it is counting towards a specific year.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,150
    looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill


    i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.

  8. #8
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    20,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill


    i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.
    If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    59,150
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.
    yeah if he has a horrible year we are in trouble , we have to eat a huge chunk there. i dont see any way of avoiding it, we cant then have him take up 9mil the next season.
    Last edited by Harooni; 03-30-2014 at 12:47 AM.

  10. #10
    It looks like we have $108,040,371 for 2015, and with estimates of the cap being at 140 million, we should have enough to re-sign JPP,Prince and others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts