+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Salaries

2014 Salaries

Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Just looking at the player's salaries and noticing several players are not making a lot this year - the big (or bigger) money kicks in in 2015. I'm not sure if this takes into account signing bonuses so maybe someone can chime in on that.
    I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I've got you penciled in for a big raise this year Rosey.
    "penciled"???? that's cold!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    "penciled"???? that's cold!
    Rosey knows who he can trust...........

Rosey knows who he can trust...........

Actually that was a terrible OP as I forgot to post a link and didn't explain the point well.

Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Our recent signings like Beason, Jennings, Holiday, Manningham, Jerry, DRC, and McBride are all making salaries under 1 million this year. But with further digging I see that doesn't include signing bonuses.

http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ants&Year=2014
    That's how it works... The signing bonus is paid out instantly, but the hit from it is spread along the life of the contract. "Prorated bonus" lists what proportion of it is counting towards a specific year.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That's how it works... The signing bonus is paid out instantly, but the hit from it is spread along the life of the contract. "Prorated bonus" lists what proportion of it is counting towards a specific year.
    Right, difference from one year to the next has nothing to do with a signing bonus, it is completely the base salary.

For instance, Beason's base salary this year is 730k, next year its 3.6 mil.

The signing bonus is evenly spread throughout the contract, so it can not account for any salary jumps

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill

i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    looking at 2015 cap hits, i see beatty and cruz at 8mill, kiwi at 7.4 mil , beason at 7.2 mil. DRC 7.2mil shwartz 5mill

i hope these FA's pan out . i thought JB got a little too much i was hoping 4-5 a season.
    If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    If Beatty doesn't rebound to any acceptable level, do you have any sense about whether we can get out of jail with him in 2016? That's a large chunk of dead money there in the meantime.
    yeah if he has a horrible year we are in trouble , we have to eat a huge chunk there. i dont see any way of avoiding it, we cant then have him take up 9mil the next season.
    Last edited by Harooni; 03-30-2014 at 12:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread