+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Salaries

It looks like we have $108,040,371 for 2015, and with estimates of the cap being at 140 million, we should have enough to re-sign JPP,Prince and others.

Cap # could reach $145 next year and $160 by 2016...so "overpaying" for players now won't really hurt long term. For EX, paying someone like cruz 7-8 mil a year last year seemed like a good deal and will seem even better when the cap is at $160 and other comparative players are earning 9-10 a year. that's why I'm in favor of signing JPP to a deal this year (that kicks in next year) because he could probably be had for cheaper than if he blows up and if you pay him $8-9 mil a year that won't be crazy when in 2 years #1 DE are earning 13 a year

Quote Originally Posted by quan the don View Post
    It looks like we have $108,040,371 for 2015, and with estimates of the cap being at 140 million, we should have enough to re-sign JPP,Prince and others.
    Also would save 5 mil if they release Kiwi next year

And it would be Eli's last year of his contract, so thats a big unknown

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Also would save 5 mil if they release Kiwi next year

And it would be Eli's last year of his contract, so thats a big unknown
    Letting Kiwi go appears to be low hanging fruit, it they address it in this year's or next year's draft.
    $5M gets us a solid player in Kiwi but not a good value imo.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Letting Kiwi go appears to be low hanging fruit, it they address it in this year's or next year's draft.
    $5M gets us a solid player in Kiwi but not a good value imo.
    Unless you're referring to the fruit there is no solid kiwi on the giants

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Low hanging Kiwi Fruit? You guys are killin me. hahahaha. It will be a bitter pill, if Beatty tanks again this year, (if he even plays). The bright spot may be that we have a capable replacement in Pugh, at a relatively low cost. We may also be able to pick up a top tackle in the draft to move in to Pugh's spot, (should they choose to flop him to LT). With the cap getting bumped again, it will lessen the impact. There is always a chance Beatty can bounce back. I don't feel good about that for some reason though.

+ Reply to Thread