+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: What do we do about the D-Line?

  1. #41
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,884
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Even after the free agency signings, still so many holes.

    DE, OL, TE, DT

    WR is meaningless without a solid OL and TE.
    I'd take a real good #1 WR prospect before I draft a TE.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

  2. #42
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,321
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'd take a real good #1 WR prospect before I draft a TE.
    I don't know about that, TE is a blocker first, unless McAdoo changes that. Everyone seems to agree giving Eli a few more seconds is THE goal. Accomplish that and then draft whoever else.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'd take a real good #1 WR prospect before I draft a TE.
    Evans and Watkins will be long gone. If Evans slips, despite the dire need for help on both lines, he is a difference maker. After those two guys, no way WR at 12.

  4. #44
    i could see us trading down as this is a deep draft. san fran just lost a starting CB to a felony so they will have to address that in the draft. i think they have a ton of picks. if the best CB is there at 12, that may be a way to trade down.

  5. #45
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't know about that, TE is a blocker first, unless McAdoo changes that. Everyone seems to agree giving Eli a few more seconds is THE goal. Accomplish that and then draft whoever else.
    along with giving Eli some more time in the pocket, a younger and stronger O-line will also benefit Jennings, Hillis, and Wilson(fingers crossed).
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

  6. #46
    All-Pro tonyt830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenbrier, TN
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    i could see us trading down as this is a deep draft. san fran just lost a starting CB to a felony so they will have to address that in the draft. i think they have a ton of picks. if the best CB is there at 12, that may be a way to trade down.
    I read on one of the NFL mock sites, Walter Football I believe, and they had a recent mock where they had a 49ers/Lions trade in Rd 1. In that the mock had the 49ers taken Dennard at 10. I forget what the San Fran gave up. I think the Lions got the 49ers late 1st rd pick, a 2nd rd and 3rd rd pick.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

  7. #47
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    98,321
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    along with giving Eli some more time in the pocket, a younger and stronger O-line will also benefit Jennings, Hillis, and Wilson(fingers crossed).
    That is the hope
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    along with giving Eli some more time in the pocket, a younger and stronger O-line will also benefit Jennings, Hillis, and Wilson(fingers crossed).
    and Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Manningham.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts