+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    We only need depth at DT, solve that in FA. Than add a DE in the draft

The proud and UNDEFEATED defender of Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    When you invest premium picks in the position like the Giants did with Hankins (2nd) and Moore (3rd), at some point you have to definitively find out if they can play. And this is the year they find out about these two guys.

It's impossible to have "sure things" at every position. Not when you have a salary cap. All teams have a couple of positions where they have questions and they just hope that they put enough potential talent there that it works out and the position is productive.

Every team is relying on either a young player to break out or a vet to bounce back and that's pretty much where the giants are with the DL.

They're hoping that JPP's down production last year was health related, and being healthy will bring him back. I personally also think he was much more productive playing on the strong side (where tuck played) than the weak side.

They're hoping that having a 2nd year back at the position helps Kiwi become more productive.

Jenkins was a good player for us last year, he's probably the one player on the DL that they're the most confident on what they're going to get from him.

I don't think they invest any premium picks on the DL this season, they did it last year in preparation for this moment. I think they wait until after the draft and look at some additional vets to bring in to bolster the position.

Patterson was a guy that came late last offseason and he was very solid, as was rogers (though I think he's done). There are still a number of vet DE's that can be had on low end deals that can give some good snaps.

So, I think they have options on the DL, they just don't know yet quite what each guy will bring.
    Disagree, they will be looking for a DE with one of their top three picks for certain. Regarding DT some have us picking Donald in the first, if the talent is there they will likely pick a DT...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drystt View Post
    I think that it is a possibility that NYG trade up to the 2nd overall pick from St.Louis to get Clowney. What they'll give up.. not sure maybe another Eli Manning type trade deal. It should most def show some balls.
    Not a chance in hell this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Disagree, they will be looking for a DE with one of their top three picks for certain. Regarding DT some have us picking Donald in the first, if the talent is there they will likely pick a DT...
    We have needs at TE, C, DT, DE and arguably WR. I think Moore and JPP are set as the starting DE, but behind them we have nothing. I think hankins and jenkins are set as the starting DT but behind them we have nothing. I think we need to address both DT and DE within the first 3 rounds and then take a C, TE, WR with the other pick

Seems crazy to say but you are right. We find ourselves needing a DE again. This is especially true with Kiwi coming up on another $5M in 2015. We don't need to pay that much for someone with his skills but we need to find the replacement first.
    No one remembers who came in second.

My mock below solves the D-line issues... your welcome

I can maybe see them using another 3rd rounder, but unless they get a big value player that drops to them I can't see them using either of their top two picks considering they already have they're two starters in JPP and Kiwi and primary back-up (moore) already set at the position.

If anything they maybe take a DT where they currently only have Hankins (an unknown), Jenkins (solid) and Kuhn (mediocre, coming off injury) on the roster.

So I don't think DE is really a true need for the team. Certainly not more than TE, and OL.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Schofield, any relation?? lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

Could Aaron Donald play Dend? I have been hearing they may move jenkins to end but if we draft donald would he be able to play both too?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Not bad, not sure if Stork will be there in the 5th some have him going in the 4th. Think if we are going to take a risk on a OT late in the draft Seantrel Henderson has some up side, and definitely would look at Larry Webster DE who has some pedigree and speed.