+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giants' OLine Coach Attends East Carolina Pro Day

Giants' OLine Coach Attends East Carolina Pro Day

http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/29/gian...olina-pro-day/

Excerpt: "New York Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty was present for East Carolina’s pro day Thursday, when 17 players worked out indoors on a Mondo track, which is considered to be a faster surface than FieldTurf.

Derrell Johnson, LB: Johnson (6-foot-1 1/2, 257 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash just once after pulling his calf muscle, and he posted a time of 4.61 seconds. He had a 32 1/2-inch vertical, 9-6 broad jump, 4.64 short shuttle and 7.27 three-cone drill. He also had 23 reps in the bench press. He had a good workout and will probably be a seventh-round pick or a priority free agent as an outside linebacker on a 3-4 defense." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/29/gian...olina-pro-day/

Excerpt: "New York Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty was present for East Carolina’s pro day Thursday, when 17 players worked out indoors on a Mondo track, which is considered to be a faster surface than FieldTurf.

Derrell Johnson, LB: Johnson (6-foot-1 1/2, 257 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash just once after pulling his calf muscle, and he posted a time of 4.61 seconds. He had a 32 1/2-inch vertical, 9-6 broad jump, 4.64 short shuttle and 7.27 three-cone drill. He also had 23 reps in the bench press. He had a good workout and will probably be a seventh-round pick or a priority free agent as an outside linebacker on a 3-4 defense." Read more...
    seems kind of odd how the article only mentions a LB and WR/KR? I figured it would mention the O-linemen that Flaherty was there to watch.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    seems kind of odd how the article only mentions a LB and WR/KR? I figured it would mention the O-linemen that Flaherty was there to watch.
    I dont think there is anyone draftable from East Carolina.

Johnson the LB is the only guy who might, and I dont find that particularly likely either.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Does this mean Fewell will watch the O-line pro days?

Could have been going to see this guy…

Will Simmons OG 36 East Carolina rSr 6-5 329

Bench Player
    Captain hit the nail right on the head. I get season tickets every year to my alma matta and Simmons was a beast. Unfortunatly he was our only beast on the line. Could be a gem from the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Could have been going to see this guy…

Will Simmons OG 36 East Carolina rSr 6-5 329
    This makes sense !
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont think there is anyone draftable from East Carolina.

Johnson the LB is the only guy who might, and I dont find that particularly likely either.
    agreed. hes a good player but hes a 3-4 outside LB. doesn't fit Perry's D

Yeah they made a video of it the other day (I go to East Carolina). Nobody spectacular this year, but keep an eye out for Justin Hardy, WR next year. The guy is a beast.
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

+ Reply to Thread