+ Reply to Thread

Which will be ranked higher next season?

Do you think the Defense or Offense will play better next season? They both still have holes to fill which will likely be filled in the NFL draft.

Offense has an obvious need at TE... The Offense was a disappointment last season. That could be partly attributed to Eli but I think the majority of the blame goes to the OL. There will be a new coach calling the shots on offense!! They upgraded the OL and signed R. Jennings at RB who can run the ball hard and catch very well out of the backfield. WR's is a question mark with Nicks not returning. Cruz is obviously the main guy but Randle and JJ really have to step up if the offense wants to perform well.

Defense has obvious needs on the DL... DT played better than the offense last season, especially after acquiring Jon Beason. Strongside LB was addressed with the signing of McClain. Beason was brought back as well which makes weakside LB a bit of a question mark with JWill and Paysigner most likely splitting time at the position. DE we lost Tuck so the Giants are hoping that Moore is ready to step up and make an impact in his second season. The Giants also lost Joesph who was their best DT and are hoping that 2nd year player Hankins can step up as well. Both positions have little depth and will be areas that the Giants will likely target in the draft. The secondary is much improved. The most notable signings are DRC and Walter Thurmond. I think that this will really help the defense out.

I personally think that the defense will play better next season because of the upgrades in the secondary. I think that the LB core is more solid with the McClain signing as well. The DL holes make me a little nervous but that can really be fixed with someone like Aaron Donald DT Pitt and/or Scott Cricthon DE Oregon St. There are other DE's like Kareem Martin who can make a nice impact on the team as well if they miss out on Crichton. That being said I think the offense will have its growing pains early with the new offense but will perform fine if the OL holds up and the TE position is addressed.

EDIT: I meant which do you think will be ranked higher in the league at the end of the year if there was any confusion
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 03-31-2014 at 01:03 AM.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    It depends on what you mean by who will be better? If you mean who will show most improvement, it would be hard not to have the Offense be the better. If you mean who will end up with a higher league ranking, I will guess the Defense. They will slip against the run. I just hope its not so much that it causes too much trouble for the D overall. With the O learning a new system and having so many new pieces, it may take time for them to gel.

Banned
    Like you said, a lot depends on the draft, and I'd say the D is much more ready to go as of right now, but if my signature were to be correct our offense is looking just as dangerous as the D, and I'd prob be leaning towards the O
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 03-31-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    It depends on what you mean by who will be better? If you mean who will show most improvement, it would be hard not to have the Offense be the better. If you mean who will end up with a higher league ranking, I will guess the Defense. They will slip against the run. I just hope its not so much that it causes too much trouble for the D overall. With the O learning a new system and having so many new pieces, it may take time for them to gel.
    Yeah I was meaning which would be ranked higher in the league at the end of the season. I agree with what you said as well. I think the offense will struggle a bit early and then turn it on once they get a feel for the offense. I also think the D will miss Linval and Tuck because of what they do against the run unless they snag some people in the draft who can help in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Like you said, a lot depends on the draft, and I'd say the D is much more ready to go as of right now, but if my signature were to be correct our offense is looking just as dangerous as the D, and I'd prob be leaning towards the O
    Nice mock btw. I am not the biggest fan of Evans in the first just because of how deep the WR position is in the draft but I would not be mad with the pick because he is a great talent. The only thing I would want to add/change would be possibly switching one of the later picks and adding a DT since all they have at this moment is Hankins, Jenkins, and Kuhn I believe.

I would have to agree though if they were able to snag Evans and Niklas/ASJ in the 2nd that would really improve the offense a lot!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Nice mock btw. I am not the biggest fan of Evans in the first just because of how deep the WR position is in the draft but I would not be mad with the pick because he is a great talent. The only thing I would want to add/change would be possibly switching one of the later picks and adding a DT since all they have at this moment is Hankins, Jenkins, and Kuhn I believe.

I would have to agree though if they were able to snag Evans and Niklas/ASJ in the 2nd that would really improve the offense a lot!!
    Haha ty! And yeah I did my mock assuming we fix the depth at DT in FA, hopefully with Patterson or Kevin Williams or both lol

^Yeah if DT is addressed I would be more than happy with your mock!

Defense for certain… They will be installing a new Offense and will have plenty of new players to integrate.