+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If Evans and Ebron are gone by pick 12

Which is a very real possibility considering their talent, who do you guys see the Giants taking with their #1 pick? Would we go defense and take maybe Dee Ford or Aaron Donald? OL ? Or just go with the next best talent at either WR or TE?

I think we are straight with defense... if this is the case I would say next best talent in WR/TE I'm kind of nervous with our WR core now
    Last edited by nyelitegiant; 03-31-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyelitegiant View Post
    I think we are straight with defense... if this is the case I would say next best talent in WR/TE I'm kind of nervous with out WR core now
    I've heard the draft is pretty deep this year for WR's so we could maybe still get a quality receiver in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think we do need some more help on the defensive line though. Moore and Kiwi have me kind of nervous, if they cant stop the run on that end of the line teams will exploit that every chance they get.

I hope we don't panic and go with need, take the BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I hope we don't panic and go with need, take the BPA.
    I agree. Our work in the offseason allows us some flexibility in the draft. We can do our usual modified BPA except that this year we need to actually figure out who the BPA is.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We definitely need to trade back if they're both gone. I'd rather move back to mid-20's, take Timmy Jernigan DT FSU + pick up a 2 & 3 than reach for the players you have listed.

True but... beason is there to stop the run and he does a damn good job doing it

If Donald is there and we dont go after him I would be PISSED!!!!

Hes probably the best DT coming out of college since Suh and he could step in and most likely put up some numbers. I just LOVE watching this dude play, endless motor
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

Quote Originally Posted by DISRUPTER View Post
    We definitely need to trade back if they're both gone. I'd rather move back to mid-20's, take Timmy Jernigan DT FSU + pick up a 2 & 3 than reach for the players you have listed.
    Sounds great in theory for us at least, but as always there has to be a team willing to trade up to 12 and a player valuable enough for them to do so. The positions I think that would warrant such would be probably only be OT and QB. Even the WR desperate teams probably wouldn't trade a 2nd and 3rd for one given how deep the class is.

Quote Originally Posted by DISRUPTER View Post
    Not a big fan of Jernigan or Nix, they arent the type of DTs that we need to compliment Hankins who is a big run stuffing, blocker eating, monster. What we need is a bulldog who is a beast at getting to the QB and stuffing guys behind the line and thats how you spell Aaron Donald
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6