+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Udownwithjpp View Post
    Which is a very real possibility considering their talent, who do you guys see the Giants taking with their #1 pick? Would we go defense and take maybe Dee Ford or Aaron Donald? OL ? Or just go with the next best talent at either WR or TE?
    Donald I'm ok with but not Ford -- could also be guys like Barr & Lewan sitting there. Will be interesting to see what Giants are thinking.

I realize we need a trade partner but to me a trade back would be best situation in such a deep draft --- the fact draft is considered so deep also works against other teams wanting to give up extra picks to move up.

If we trade back to say #20 range.

I would love to see say a K-Ealy pick (that gives us a solid 4 DE rotation). Then hopefully our trade back nets us a late 2nd round pick.

In the 2nd we could address DT (Hageman?) at #43 and then with the later 2nd round pick grab a TE (S-Jenkins/Niklas). Then in 3rd we go C or G (Martin (USC) or Yankey (Stanford). In the 4th we go best RB (Hill/Sims/Williams). With our 2 5th round picks we could hit WIL and OL again.

So something like.....
    #20 Ealy (DE) 1st
    #43 Hageman (DT) 2nd
    #53? Niklas (TE) 2nd
    #74 Martin (USC) C or Yankey (Stanford) G 3rd
    #113 Hill (LSU) RB 4th
    #152 WIL ? 5th
    #174 OL ? 5th
    #187 WR

having a constant threat to get to the QB from the inside would have a ripple effect on the defense and improve not only the DL play but the entire front seven, if donald is what we think he is, you run to the podium if he's there at 12.

to be honest though, there are maybe 5 different players that will be around at the time of the giants pick that i wouldn't have any problem with taking.

All-Pro
    They need pass rushers.

If Barr and Donald are there I would prefer Barr!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    If Barr and Donald are there I would prefer Barr!
    I dont get the obsession with Barr on these MBs.

Personally I dont think he would be a good fit, if we ran a 3-4 or even a hybrid system I would be on board, but we're a 4-3 team and he would have alot of work to do to get on the field for opening day.

Donald on the other hand could step in and produce from the start
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I dont get the obsession with Barr on these MBs.

Personally I dont think he would be a good fit, if we ran a 3-4 or even a hybrid system I would be on board, but we're a 4-3 team and he would have alot of work to do to get on the field for opening day.

Donald on the other hand could step in and produce from the start
    yea Barr and Moore are similar, both are Hybrid / Undersized DEs / Joker types.. I don't like the idea of both.. Unless we ran a 3-4
    Last edited by Carter.525; 03-31-2014 at 01:30 PM.

I think the Giants should jump all over Evans if he is there at #12 if he isn't there i think they have to go DT taking Donald or Hageman or Nix. I'm not as high ion Ebron as I was a few months ago. I don't feel he is worth a # 12 overall pick Evan is worth it.

The Giants need an impact player at #12. Aaron Donald is an impact player. He will instantly improve the pass rush.

He reminds me of Jon Randle.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Udownwithjpp View Post
    I dont think his height has anything to do with it, Geno Atkins is around the same size as he is and he'll probably put on some weight by the time the season starts.
    I wouldn't want Donald to put on much more weight, his frames about maxed out.. one reason I'm a little hesitant to take him at 12, he's a beefy dude. He plays bigger than he is though and wreaks havoc on QBs.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson