+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He's been overrated for awhile. This TE class is not very good
    I think this class is pretty good but am not sure if I would take Ebron in the first. If they took him I would not complain but there should be better value still on the board.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I think the 2nd/3rd rounds TEs are better values.. Don't think Ebron is worth the 12th pick.. and his pro day makes it worse
    i agree. better value can be had in the later rounds

  3. #13
    Don't want Ebron in the first. If we selected him with Donald, Barr, or Lewan still on the board, i'm gonna be dissapointed. This to me is probably the best FA tight end market with Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finley Dallas Clark and Dustin Keller. Keller like he was with the Jets would give Eli an excellent target or Clark. While they keep JPP of TE's in for blocking downs.

  4. #14
    I love the "better value " stuff. Just because he is "better value" doesn't mean he will improve the team to any significant degree. When you shop at sales, you get less quality cheap, but still wish you had the real thing.

  5. #15
    I watched too much of Ebron to agree with 90% of the folks on this thread. Ebron is a beast. He would instantly improve our offense in multiple ways.....stretching the middle of the field, taking pressure/double teams off the WR's on the outside, and in the Red Zone.

    I assume people are basing their judgment mostly on Ebron's performance at his Pro Day, because I truly do not understand the lack of excitement for this kid. He's a far better blocker than the majority of the posters on here give him credit for (which seems to be the only "negative" in his game), and at his age he can only get better. He's not a head case and seems to be a good locker room presence/off-field character.

    If he's there at 12 and we don't get him I'll be surprised. To me, it's either him or Donald.
    JR....do it, do it!

    1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I watched too much of Ebron to agree with 90% of the folks on this thread. Ebron is a beast. He would instantly improve our offense in multiple ways.....stretching the middle of the field, taking pressure/double teams off the WR's on the outside, and in the Red Zone.

    I assume people are basing their judgment mostly on Ebron's performance at his Pro Day, because I truly do not understand the lack of excitement for this kid. He's a far better blocker than the majority of the posters on here give him credit for (which seems to be the only "negative" in his game), and at his age he can only get better. He's not a head case and seems to be a good locker room presence/off-field character.



    If he's there at 12 and we don't get him I'll be surprised. To me, it's either him or Donald.
    Why draft a guy who has the dropsies 11.4% drop rate. Who underimpresses at the pro day. He's not the prospect Eiffert, Randolph or Ertz were. Neither is he going to be the next julius thomas or jimmy graham. Likes to "gallop' over defenders, injury flags fly everywhere. And besides, the FA market has PROVEN TE's like Keller, Owen Daniels, Dallas Clark. Just sign one of the TE FA's, and draft Donald, a real stud, who had one of the best DT combines of the last decade.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    You keep saying this, but I haven't actually seen why you don't want him. Any specific reason besides just being an "average" blocker?
    He is a BELOW AVERAGE blocker and 12 is too high for a TE who can't block, its pretty simple

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    I watched too much of Ebron to agree with 90% of the folks on this thread. Ebron is a beast. He would instantly improve our offense in multiple ways.....stretching the middle of the field, taking pressure/double teams off the WR's on the outside, and in the Red Zone.

    I assume people are basing their judgment mostly on Ebron's performance at his Pro Day, because I truly do not understand the lack of excitement for this kid. He's a far better blocker than the majority of the posters on here give him credit for (which seems to be the only "negative" in his game), and at his age he can only get better. He's not a head case and seems to be a good locker room presence/off-field character.

    If he's there at 12 and we don't get him I'll be surprised. To me, it's either him or Donald.
    I would take Donald in a heartbeat before ever even thinking about a TE at 12

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    I would take Donald in a heartbeat before ever even thinking about a TE at 12

    I'd be real happy with Donald, but think Ebron is a difference maker as well In regards to your previous post, Ebron is, at worst, average at blocking. I watched the kid for the last couple/few years and he's absolutely fine at blocking.

    I also saw someone mention he's not the prospect Ertz, and a few others. To me, I don't know if there's been a TE prospect like Ebron in quite some time......but to argue those points would come down to personal opinion.

    Again, after watching this kid for the last couple seasons, I have no concerns with his hands or blocking ability. Compound the ability he currently has with an off-season or two with an NFL team, and I think we have the makings of a pro-bowler for years to come.
    JR....do it, do it!

    1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Why draft a guy who has the dropsies 11.4% drop rate. Who underimpresses at the pro day. He's not the prospect Eiffert, Randolph or Ertz were. Neither is he going to be the next julius thomas or jimmy graham. Likes to "gallop' over defenders, injury flags fly everywhere. And besides, the FA market has PROVEN TE's like Keller, Owen Daniels, Dallas Clark. Just sign one of the TE FA's, and draft Donald, a real stud, who had one of the best DT combines of the last decade.
    Dustin Keller is coming off of having his knee destroyed, and the rest of those guys are over the hill.


    This seems like a CLASSIC smokescreen to me "AFC personnel executive told nj.com." hmmm Aren't the Jets in need of a TE? and hasn't Ebron been Mocked to them before? yeah Ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts