+ Reply to Thread

brooklyn nets win game 6!!!!!!!!

Great win by the nets. Great job by Jason kidd in telling those refs about all of that craptor flopping. Game 7 on sunday! Broooooklyn!!!!!
    Close or you hit the bricks

I stopped being a nets fan in 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I stopped being a nets fan in 2012...
    It was kind of hard for me to stay on once they moved out of new jersey too. The new jersey nets just sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    It was kind of hard for me to stay on once they moved out of new jersey too. The new jersey nets just sounds better.
    I'm just a fan of everything Jersey. Giants especially, but also the Devils, no matter how much they suck I will always be a fan. I kinda just defaulted to the Yankees but I like both of the NY baseball teams. Hell I even kinda like the Jets (at least until Rex Ryan took over).

The Nets moving to Brooklyn kinda left a void inside me.

Banned
    And now they will get knocked out by Miami!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsRokk View Post
    And now they will get knocked out by Miami!
    what are the knicks doing right now? Out of the playoffs and no lottery pick. I embrace the hate

Well it looks like George Allen, oh I mean Jason Kidd and the over the hill gang were able to pull it out over the up and coming Raptors.

Too bad Miami is next, I'm not a fan of the Heat, but I think they win it in 5.

Sorry Sharick, Mikhail Prokhorov is trying to be the Dan Snyder of the NBA. But we all know that you can buy talent, but you can't buy chemistry or championships.

Oh and yeah, go ahead and rub it in about the Knicks. I will be the first to say they stunk it up this passed season. But teams like the Nets, Jets and Mets will always be second fiddle in their respective sports. They will at times get their fans a little excited, but for the most part, let down is what they end up feeling.

Trust me, I'm a Mets fan and used to it---LOL!!!
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Well it looks like George Allen, oh I mean Jason Kidd and the over the hill gang were able to pull it out over the up and coming Raptors.

Too bad Miami is next, I'm not a fan of the Heat, but I think they win it in 5.

Sorry Sharick, Mikhail Prokhorov is trying to be the Dan Snyder of the NBA. But we all know that you can buy talent, but you can't buy chemistry or championships.

Oh and yeah, go ahead and rub it in about the Knicks. I will be the first to say they stunk it up this passed season. But teams like the Nets, Jets and Mets will always be second fiddle in their respective sports. They will at times get their fans a little excited, but for the most part, let down is what they end up feeling.

Trust me, I'm a Mets fan and used to it---LOL!!!
    You can't buy championships? Well what did the Miami heat do? Their team is far from home grown. It is what it is in basketball. Free agency is where it is at. You get already proven players and hope that they work out. Don't forget that plenty of these deals come off the books at end of this year. The nets will just reload. Draft picks that aren't lottery picks are pretty much expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    You can't buy championships? Well what did the Miami heat do? Their team is far from home grown. It is what it is in basketball. Free agency is where it is at. You get already proven players and hope that they work out. Don't forget that plenty of these deals come off the books at end of this year. The nets will just reload. Draft picks that aren't lottery picks are pretty much expendable.
    What are they going to reload with? More aging free agents? I don't remember exactly, but they traded several picks to the Celtics for 2 aging superstars on the downside of their careers.

I think the Celtics get the better end of the deal in the long run.

Eh, yeah basketball is different than NFL when it comes to the money spent, cap etc.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    What are they going to reload with? More aging free agents? I don't remember exactly, but they traded several picks to the Celtics for 2 aging superstars on the downside of their careers.

I think the Celtics get the better end of the deal in the long run.

Eh, yeah basketball is different than NFL when it comes to the money spent, cap etc.
    Sure, why not. It is better than getting middle draft picks that don't pan out regularly anyways. At least the Russian lets his people do their jobs and doesn't meddle like James Dolan.