+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crooza172 View Post
    With all the new additions and resigns below, its starting to shape up like the giants will be set to go mostly offense this draft! Thoughts?

KR Trindon Holliday
    LB Jameel McClain
    CB Walter Thurmond
    C J.D. Walton
    S/KR Quintin Demps
    WR Mario Manningham
    OG John Jerry
    CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    OG/OT Geoff Schwartz
    RB Rashad Jennings
    LB John Beason
    DT Mike Patterson
    CB Zach Bowman
    S Stevie Brown
    S Trumane Mcbride
    K Josh Brown
    RB Peyton Hillis
    QB Painter (yawn)
    LB Spencer Paysinger
    FB Henry Hynoski
    LB Mark Herzlich
    I don't agree - I think we will see 2 to 3 D players taken and 2 of them could be in first couple of rounds. But what the hell do I know.

I don't understand how you could come to this conclusion, if anything all the FA signings means were are drafting D-line in the first 2 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I could see us still taking a DT and DE in the draft, hell even an OLB.

I want us to walk away with a DT, DE, WR, TE and a few OL.
    Yep I could see.....

DE/DT/OLB -- would love a trade back where we pick up Ealy (DE) in first, Hageman or Easley (DT) in second. Then hit TE (in 2nd), C (in 3rd), RB (in 4th), G (in 5th) and OLB (in 5th)

Bench Player
    Dline is not even close to their biggest need. With the Giants being stacked in the secondary, they are going to rely on that as thier strength and use more blitzes than in the past. Theres no DE worth taking at 12 and why pick Donald when he will just end up in a rotation with Hank/Jenkins/Patterson/Kuhn? Oline, TE and WR are their biggest needs at this point. Pick 12 will be Evans or Ebron hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mainer View Post
    Dline is not even close to their biggest need. With the Giants being stacked in the secondary, they are going to rely on that as thier strength and use more blitzes than in the past. Theres no DE worth taking at 12 and why pick Donald when he will just end up in a rotation with Hank/Jenkins/Patterson/Kuhn? Oline, TE and WR are their biggest needs at this point. Pick 12 will be Evans or Ebron hopefully.
    Dude you could have a secondary of revis, sherman whoever u want if you cant rush the QB ur CBs are toast. JPP was most effective the year he had osi and tuck playing w him (and kiwanuka). We need JPP D.moore and another 1st/2nd/3rd round DE to come in. With the signing of mike patterson we can hold off on DT immediately but we MUST get an impact DE

There is no chance we don't come out of this draft without any defensive linemen.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Dude you could have a secondary of revis, sherman whoever u want if you cant rush the QB ur CBs are toast. JPP was most effective the year he had osi and tuck playing w him (and kiwanuka). We need JPP D.moore and another 1st/2nd/3rd round DE to come in. With the signing of mike patterson we can hold off on DT immediately but we MUST get an impact DE
    absolutely, but we need playmakers now for Eli in the early rounds. then trench help via middle rounds for DL, and OL in later rounds. 6th round we can pick whomever we want really. Probably going to be another OL, but I'm hopeful to Colt Lyerla! :0

p.s. GET MY MOCK REESE!!!!!!!!!!
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I think we'll get a WR, TE and DE in the first three rounds, which is what we need. Take Stork in the 4th and some high potential guys in the 5th and 6th and lets get on with the season!
    and this.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

I would be opposed to taking all offense in the draft. I think if San Francisco and Seattle have shown us anything is that you can get by with a mediocre offense if you have a spectacular defense. Grant it, our offense wasn't even mediocre last year but I'm hoping that will improve with the upgrades along the o-line... I think that was most of the problem last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    I could see us still taking a DT and DE in the draft, hell even an OLB.

I want us to walk away with a DT, DE, WR, TE and a few OL.
    I hear you ! Add to that list a RB to push the vets and the young horses in the stable.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.