+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry The friggen English Premier League teams are kicking the Crp out f our MLS Teams

We cannot compete at the club level...........we need the fans to get the money to buy the talent

Its a viscous circle

We must concentrate on the national team

Man U wins 7-0!!!!!!! WTF

MLS is amateur hour compared to the major leagues. It's a very weak product.

No last time they came over we played them more evenly, and I think we have a WC hangover......we should have gone farther.......their own national players are just plain horrible

Hey my RedBulls with one of the world's best players Thierry Henry beat Arsenal 1-0 PS Check out Henry's girlfriend

How do you explain that from a "minor league" team?

Also I heard the MLS teams are not taking this seriously, as they are all in the middle of a race to playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Hey my RedBulls with one of the world's best players Thierry Henry beat Arsenal 1-0 PS Check out Henry's girlfriend

Also I heard the MLS teams are not taking this seriously, as they are all in the middle of a race to playoffs
    Thierry Henry WAS 1 of the best players in the world in 2006, He is 36 now

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thierry Henry WAS 1 of the best players in the world in 2006, He is 36 now
    go to a game and tell me he is still not one of the best.......otherwise you are blowing smoke

His ball control, body control, passing and shots on goal are amazing
    the only reason he cannot score more is no one else on that team can get him the ball in the box

MLS is a retirement destination for older players - witness: Henry, an Arsenal legend. The more sedate skill level suits older players who can no longer hack it in the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc...

Neither of these teams would be taking these games too seriously. It's only the beginning of the preseason period for the EPL teams, and they don't want anyone to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    MLS is a retirement destination for older players - witness: Henry, an Arsenal legend. The more sedate skill level suits older players who can no longer hack it in the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc...

Neither of these teams would be taking these games too seriously. It's only the beginning of the preseason period for the EPL teams, and they don't want anyone to get hurt.
    have you watched the games or are you just whistling Dixie? I go to Red Bulls games.......believe me Henry is still a tremendous talent on a very mediocre team
    How to you account for Dempsey, a star in the WC being just an Avg Joe in the MLS......is he dogging it?

have you watched the games or are you just whistling Dixie? I go to Red Bulls games.......believe me Henry is still a tremendous talent on a very mediocre team
    How to you account for Dempsey, a star in the WC being just an Avg Joe in the MLS......is he dogging it?
    Yes, I've watched games. Not many, though.

Henry's clear superiority proves my point - that the overall skill level in the MLS is lower than that of the major leagues. That's why it attracts older guys like Beckham, Henry and Lampard. Those guys are still good, but are no longer willing to put up with the strains of their former leagues. In the MLS they can still cash a check without pushing themselves to the limit multiple times per week.

MLS is a comparatively fledgling league (the EPL has more than 100 years on it), so the name value of the overseas imports helps a lot for increasing its exposure and raising its profile. Still a very long way to go, though.

Not sure what you're getting at by comparing club and country teams...