+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool The return of Osi Umenyiora and what he is bringing this week

4 games, 0 starts, 6 tackles, and 0 sacks so far this season. I had to look it up to see if he was actually still on their team! Seriously though, I'm hoping he doesn't have a break out game against his former employer here. What are the odds that he gets an actual sack this week against us? Even a tackle? I appreciate what he did while he was here, but it looks like he is nowhere near the player he was even in his last season with the giants.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Knowing him he's going to bring 110% to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Knowing him he's going to bring 110% to this game.
    Which might still not be much nowadays. How much depth on the dline do the falcons even have since they pretty much are using #50 (that's his number now) so sparingly?
    Close or you hit the bricks

no strip sacks please....

don't think Osi will be a factor in a win or a loss for the Falcons....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Beatty already knows his tendencies.......He'll probably dominate him

"Think B4 You Post"

Doesn't Beatty Work against JPP in practice? if he can handle him, he can handle Osi

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Beatty already knows his tendencies.......He'll probably dominate him
    wouldn't that go the same for Osi???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    OSI is on the downside of his career. Beatty is in his prime. I'm sure Osi can still get sack against David Diehl, to put this in perspective for you.

"Think B4 You Post"

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    That would likely be true if the two were at similar places in their respective careers. But Beatty is in the prime of his career (6th season and at the top of his position after 4 games this season) and Osi is in the November of his (12th season AND in a different base defense than he played for 10 years). Their respective effectiveness trajectories are now in opposing directions.

I'm sure Osi's willingness to outperform his season in this game will be in effect, I just don't see his (naturally aging) abilities being enough to overcome our OL's current confidence level.

I run at him whenever he's in, that was what teams used to do to us…surprisingly it worked pretty well.