+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW YORK YANKEES:

Veteran
    the yankees have no choice but to keep signing free agents. what great young shortstop do they have in the minors? what great young third baseman do they have in the minors? what great young second baseman do they have in the minors? same with pitchers. the only one i hear about that might be something is banuelous and he has struggled at times in the minors and is now coming off tommy john surgery.

"WHY I OUGHTA"
    I thought we had something special!!!

Veteran
    yankees are a joke right now. just like the rangers are. two teams with mediocre looking offenses and who's futures both look very bleak. all i have left is the giants now.

Our boys are looking as rough as you can look lately, but keep this in mind. Were getting Pineda back in the next couple weeks and Phelps was brilliant starting last night. And even though we've been terrible, were still right there for 1st place. Lets just pray this offense wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Looks like they finally will put Gardner in the leadoff spot for tonight's game, and move Ellsbury to the third spot - but Jeter is still there at number two. He was hitting to shortstop a lot in preseason, and it's not like he will try to steal to much - so not sure what Girardi thought? Other than selling tickets, which isn't going to well, either...
    Of course Jeter grounds into a double play late in the game, killing a rally. I was there tonight and it was pretty rough to see them squander a no outs and bases loaded situation late.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Of course Jeter grounds into a double play late in the game, killing a rally. I was there tonight and it was pretty rough to see them squander a no outs and bases loaded situation late.
    Yeah, that game stung badly. First that, then the bullpen meltdown. I don't get this team? New players, same issues as last yr.

The problem is there is no young players on this team at all. Who is there to look forward to coming up from the minors? Who will fill the gaping holes at SS, 3B, 1B, 2B? Think about that. Solarte? Next year the Yanks are in big time trouble. Guess they will just go shopping again. Brian Cashman is a terrible GM and their farm system is disgusting. They need to be sellers for a year or 2 and rebuild, otherwise they will be mediocre for 10 years. I said the same thing with the Giants. They should of traded Nicks last year to the highest bidder. May have gotten a 2nd for him, definitely a 3rd.

But hey, at least the Yanks and Giants arent run like the Knicks!

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    The problem is there is no young players on this team at all. Who is there to look forward to coming up from the minors? Who will fill the gaping holes at SS, 3B, 1B, 2B? Think about that. Solarte? Next year the Yanks are in big time trouble. Guess they will just go shopping again. Brian Cashman is a terrible GM and their farm system is disgusting. They need to be sellers for a year or 2 and rebuild, otherwise they will be mediocre for 10 years. I said the same thing with the Giants. They should of traded Nicks last year to the highest bidder. May have gotten a 2nd for him, definitely a 3rd.

But hey, at least the Yanks and Giants arent run like the Knicks!
    Bring back stick!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Bring back stick!!!!!
    At SS?

He was pretty smooth actually.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    At SS?

He was pretty smooth actually.
    And the man who drafted the core 4. He also pulled that trade off for Paul O Neil. Stick> Cashman.

+ Reply to Thread