+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Yankees 500 baseball at best this year. I keep saying it. They have no depth (or minor league players) and the injuries are starting to pile up. Wait till Ellsbury goes down. The one positive is JR Murphy looks great at the plate.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Yankee Stadium turned the 2014 Mets into "Murderers' Row".

They need to rebuild, but are too stubborn to do it. They need to stop with the McCann / Ellsbury signings, and start thinking about trading their pieces for young prospects cause they simply cant draft them on their own.

Dont get me wrong, the Ells signing was great, but 4 years from now it will be likt he CC signing right now.

I was there last night. What a nightmare.
    I'm going again tonight at Citi Field. I hope Tanaka can stay undefeated for at least one more week!
    10-13

Bench Player
    These injuries are going to kill us again this year apparently.

CC gets shelled early than has 4 good innings than get shelled again.

We better win these next 2 because we can't be swept by the freaking Mets again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Kaz87 View Post
    These injuries are going to kill us again this year apparently.

CC gets shelled early than has 4 good innings than get shelled again.

We better win these next 2 because we can't be swept by the freaking Mets again!!!!
    Maybe this is what they need to wake up. I mean the organization. I was kinda hoping they derailed completely last year when it was aparent they werent making the playoffs. Would of really shook things up. Instead of riding the wave of mediocrity. EH, us Yankee fans expect to win it every year, or at least once every 4 years like the past 100 years right? 2009 was 5 years ago, they are due.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I was there last night. What a nightmare.
    I'm going again tonight at Citi Field. I hope Tanaka can stay undefeated for at least one more week!
    my wife is a huge Yankee fan. Grew up in Florida and her grandfather was a Barber near where they held Spring training every season, got to meet lots of the greats. Her grandfather even set up a date for her as a favor to him from Bucky Dent. She was just out of college and a star struck fan. He was a lot older and a huge Star. He took her for a burger and was the envy of all her friends.

Me, well I was the unlucky kid who had a dad that liked the ny giants baseball team and when they and the dodgers left for CA he was heart broken. He didn't watch baseball for a bit and then started watching the mets when they first started out. I was born in 58 so got into it during 69... Little,did I know how. Bad it would be for so many decades.. I know the 9 runs two nights ago, the 12 last night and being 4-0 last season and 2-0 so far this season vs the Yanks is all BS. Means nothing. Mets will always be the Mets.. All they'd have is 69 & 86.. To hang their hats on which is pathetic. Losing the 3-2 series lead to Oakland in 73 was gut wrenching but not as bad as getting MANHANDLED AND TOYED WITH in the 2000 Subway Series. My wife genuinely felt bad for me. We've been the weak sister for years and will continue to be. We our the ****ING JETS of MLB lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Maybe this is what they need to wake up. I mean the organization. I was kinda hoping they derailed completely last year when it was aparent they werent making the playoffs. Would of really shook things up. Instead of riding the wave of mediocrity. EH, us Yankee fans expect to win it every year, or at least once every 4 years like the past 100 years right? 2009 was 5 years ago, they are due.
    I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I haven't wanted them to derail just yet. I wanted Mo to have one more run and he didn't get it which sucked.

I would at least like Jeter to get one more playoff run out of his career.

By the way each year when the Mets become eliminated ( and they ALWAYS DO, they never let me down in that dept ) I become a Yankees fan and root for them with my wife.. So I guess I'm not all bad, right?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    my wife is a huge Yankee fan. Grew up in Florida and her grandfather was a Barber near where they held Spring training every season, got to meet lots of the greats. Her grandfather even set up a date for her as a favor to him from Bucky Dent. She was just out of college and a star struck fan. He was a lot older and a huge Star. He took her for a burger and was the envy of all her friends.

Me, well I was the unlucky kid who had a dad that liked the ny giants baseball team and when they and the dodgers left for CA he was heart broken. He didn't watch baseball for a bit and then started watching the mets when they first started out. I was born in 58 so got into it during 69... Little,did I know how. Bad it would be for so many decades.. I know the 9 runs two nights ago, the 12 last night and being 4-0 last season and 2-0 so far this season vs the Yanks is all BS. Means nothing. Mets will always be the Mets.. All they'd have is 69 & 86.. To hang their hats on which is pathetic. Losing the 3-2 series lead to Oakland in 73 was gut wrenching but not as bad as getting MANHANDLED AND TOYED WITH in the 2000 Subway Series. My wife genuinely felt bad for me. We've been the weak sister for years and will continue to be. We our the ****ING JETS of MLB lol
    Lol, This right here is how I feel as a Knicks fan. Pure frustration.