+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    By the way each year when the Mets become eliminated ( and they ALWAYS DO, they never let me down in that dept ) I become a Yankees fan and root for them with my wife.. So I guess I'm not all bad, right?
    If you root for the Yankees you're alright in my book even if it is only after the Mets are knocked out.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Kaz87 View Post
    I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I haven't wanted them to derail just yet. I wanted Mo to have one more run and he didn't get it which sucked.

I would at least like Jeter to get one more playoff run out of his career.
    I would love for it to happen, but it wont. And once Jeter leaves, there are no other pieces to fill the infield. At all. Solarte was a diamond in the rough, but who else can come up and play the infield? The last time this team didnt have a face of the franchise was in the early 90s?

Lol, This right here is how I feel as a Knicks fan. Pure frustration.
    I'm also a Knicks fan.

I know most giants fans are also Knicks, Rangers ( which I am as well ) & Yankees fans. You then have the weak sisters that are Jets, Mets, Nets & Either Islanders or Devils..

Some how I'm the odd ball with the Mets...

Yanks showed em what the deal was last night.. Guess the mets should of saved a few of those 21 runs to use Wednesday night lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I would love for it to happen, but it wont. And once Jeter leaves, there are no other pieces to fill the infield. At all. Solarte was a diamond in the rough, but who else can come up and play the infield? The last time this team didnt have a face of the franchise was in the early 90s?
    It is going to be rough, Cano was supposed to be the face when Jeter left. Not saying he would be as beloved as Jeter, but he would get most of it. McCann is probably going to be the new face of the franchise. A lot of people believe that and I can see why. The thing is he is a bought face. The Yankees need that next big thing to come up through the system and be the new face. It will be hard to do, but someone will have too. There will never be another Derek Jeter that is a fact, but fans will embrace a story like his again. Not sure if people can gravitate to Solarte like that. He came through the minors, but not fully through our system. But I think if he can continue playing like he is for years to come, he possibly could be the new face.

THANK GOD THEY BEAT THE METS LAST NIGHT!!!!

It is going to be rough, Cano was supposed to be the face when Jeter left. Not saying he would be as beloved as Jeter, but he would get most of it. McCann is probably going to be the new face of the franchise. A lot of people believe that and I can see why. The thing is he is a bought face. The Yankees need that next big thing to come up through the system and be the new face. It will be hard to do, but someone will have too. There will never be another Derek Jeter that is a fact, but fans will embrace a story like his again. Not sure if people can gravitate to Solarte like that. He came through the minors, but not fully through our system. But I think if he can continue playing like he is for years to come, he possibly could be the new face.

THANK GOD THEY BEAT THE METS LAST NIGHT!!!!
    Brett Gardner is the closest thing we have now...

Bench Player
    You know what you are right.

I am ashamed of myself. I always tell people Gardner was brought up through the system he is a Yankee through and through. I can't believe I did not think of that.

I guess though it proves my point. He just does not have the type of impact that makes you think of him that way.

Don't get me wrong. He is an amazing player and love his game, and his hitting has only gotten better over the years and has really come along to being an All-Star caliber player, but for some reason most people just do not see him as being a possible option to be the face of the franchise. Maybe that will change when Jeter steps down.

If he becomes Captain it is possible. But it seems that all arrows point to McCann being the next Captain.

I'm also a Knicks fan.

I know most giants fans are also Knicks, Rangers ( which I am as well ) & Yankees fans. You then have the weak sisters that are Jets, Mets, Nets & Either Islanders or Devils..

Some how I'm the odd ball with the Mets...

Yanks showed em what the deal was last night.. Guess the mets should of saved a few of those 21 runs to use Wednesday night lol
    See that's my point about the Mets and it's always been this way. They go to an opponents park and dominate then come Home and get shut out both games lol.....

Well I guess this saying still holds true to my dismay....

M = My
    E = Entire
    T = Team
    S = Sucks

4-New York Giants!!!!!

See that's my point about the Mets and it's always been this way. They go to an opponents park and dominate then come Home and get shut out both games lol.....

Well I guess this saying still holds true to my dismay....

M = My
    E = Entire
    T = Team
    S = Sucks
    Well, thats not nice.

Your
    Average
    Nincompoops
    Killing
    Elation
    Every
    Season

That is pretty sad.

Well, thats not nice.

Your
    Average
    Nincompoops
    Killing
    Elationlol.
    Every
    Season
    well at least you have 27 to fall back on.. Try 2 and last one being almost 30 years
    Last edited by miked1958; 05-16-2014 at 09:06 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!