+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

The Giants and Poker

Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

Now, Coughlin has the "All In", which doesn't guarantee any particular accomplishment, but does guarantee that the Giants will leave everything they have on the field

as a fan of No Limit Holdem' ... I like these metaphors!

Veteran

Re: The Giants and Poker

[quote user="G-Man67"]Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

Now, Coughlin has the "All In", which doesn't guarantee any particular accomplishment, but does guarantee that the Giants will leave everything they have on the field

as a fan of No Limit Holdem' ... I like these metaphors![/quote]

I love poker too...but isn't everyone always "all-in" in the playoffs?

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="G-Man67"]Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

I love poker too...but isn't everyone always "all-in" in the playoffs?[/quote]

Atlanta didn't appear to be.

All-Pro

[quote user="Firenugget"]Atlanta didn't appear to be[/quote]

Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called ... only to get stuffed on the River!

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]Fassel pushed all his chips to the center of the table and guaranteed the Giants would make the playoffs, which we did

I am with you on the poker reference but I think this article has something to do with it too. Poker reference yes, but it goes beyond just poker:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...pz77CX2YrIBEuI

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="Firenugget"]Atlanta didn't appear to be[/quote]

Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called ... only to get stuffed on the River![/quote]

Chasing that gutshot straight...

Are rebuys allowed for the Packers?

Veteran

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="Firenugget"]Atlanta didn't appear to be[/quote] Atlanta was a calling station, they knew we had a better hand on the turn (4th and 1), but they still called ... only to get stuffed on the River![/quote] Chasing that gutshot straight...[/quote]

Lol. Yup. I would describe the Giants chances in GB as one where they are drawing to a double belly-buster straight as well as an Ace highflush. Can they catch it on the river? I think they just might.[]

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35