+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Anyone worried about Aaron Donald's size?

He's listed at around 285 which is way too light to be an every down DT in the NFL. He needs to add probably 15-20 lbs minimum. Anyone else concerned to playing heavier would cause him to lose a lot his quickness?

Well there are a couple DTs playing at near that size.

I'm not concerned with weight itself. More as a function of durability.

Henry Melton is an example. Was 270 coming out, though he has a bigger frame.

Justin Smith is another one. He's 285 or so.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.

If he adds weight it might effect his biggest strength... his insane quickness of the football. Even though he is 285 he is extremely strong and quick. The weight doesn't worry me. If he can stay healthy he will be a stud in the league

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

the arms worry me more than the weight to be honest

weight doesnt bother me when he can put up 225 33 times lol hes a 3 technique DT, not a nose tackle so hell be fine. plus like you said, he could always add a little weight. id be more concerned if he was overweight than underweight

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    weight doesnt bother me when he can put up 225 33 times lol hes a 3 technique DT, not a nose tackle so hell be fine. plus like you said, he could always add a little weight. id be more concerned if he was overweight than underweight
    I don't understand why people think the bench indicates strength.

It indicates short arms more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    I dont see how everyone doesnt understand that. Yet there are still people wanting a 3-4 NT like Jernigan or Nix over The Donald
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I don't understand why people think the bench indicates strength.

It indicates short arms more than anything else.
    How does the bench indicate short arms?? In that case Pugh would have put up 50+ reps with his T-Rex arms
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    How does the bench indicate short arms?? In that case Pugh would have put up 50+ reps with his T-Rex arms
    because they have less distance to move the bar. just like in HS when we were tested for pull-ups the tiny kids with short arms could always do more than me with my long dangly ones

Can he be converted to DE? I would rather put him at end than DT.

BEAT THE EAGLES PERRY!

ELI-MINATED