+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2012 View Post
    I never said Donald wasn't strong...I acknowledged his 35 reps with 225 ive seen his game film. Im aware of all of the awards he won in College. I'm simply not convinced this production will tranfer into the NFL .
    Probably wont, to that degree. But what does he do that makes you think he won't be very productive in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Probably wont, to that degree. But what does he do that makes you think he won't be very productive in the NFL?
    As a pass rush only type DT sure he could put up some decent numbers even as a rookie. But against the run in the NFL I don't see him holding up due to his lack of size.

Quote Originally Posted by DT2012 View Post
    As a pass rush only type DT sure he could put up some decent numbers even as a rookie. But against the run in the NFL I don't see him holding up due to his lack of size.
    But hes as strong as anyone out there, and has a non stop motor, and has lined up outside as well. He can really be used in many ways, and at times, slide outside on Run downs..etc People compare him to another undersized DT, John Randle, who played as ferociously as anyone in the games history. Sapp also wasen't that big a DT.. Donald could easily weigh 290-300lbs by seasons start. These guys can gain/lose a few lbs in no time, depending which
    way there trying to go.

Believe me, I tried to find a true weakness in his game, as i've followed him for awhile now, and I just can't? Its also very rare on these boards for a player to be so consensuly choosen to be are 1st rd pick. I know theres some still choosing Mike Evans(My 2nd choice), and others, but most seem to be on Donalds bandwagon, which may or may not mean anything. I think it means, its hard to find anything wrong with his game, personally.

But were entitled to our opinions, and i'll back whoever we draft, and Donald is not the only choice i'd be happy with, by a longshot.

He may be this year strongest guy coming out of the combine but there are plenty of guys DT's stronger in the league. Jon Randle was a good player And moving Donald to the outside on Run plays maybe the best thing to do. You may not be able to find a weakness in his college tape but i still feel he is suspect against the run. High motor,strong, and all of that are great. If the Giants choose him he's got my support but I still would rather see them choose a larger DT. If Evan is there i think u have to take evans. What scares me is everyone jumping on going for Donald. Im aware of Jon Randle but there is no guarantee Donald is another Jon Randle or Geno atkins or Gerald Mccoy. What I dont want to see is the Giant defense go back to its 2012 form where anyone and everyone could run all over them.

I still dont know why people assume that he's bad at stopping the run, on game film he's making stops against the run, he lead the NCAA in TFL's which means he's making stops behind the LOS on run plays, but because he's not 6'6 340lbs he cant stop the run. When you guys find an analyst that mentions 1 of his weaknesses being the run game let me know because all I hear is speculation.
    Draft Wishlist:
    1st Round- Shane Ray, DE, Mizzou
    2nd Round- Erick Striker, OLB, Oklahoma
    3rd Round- Cody Prewitt, FS, Miss
    4th Round- Zach Vigil, LB, Utah St

FA Wishlist: Re-Sign JPP, Hynoski, and sign Iupati

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Bleacher report are just regular people like you and I. None of us really follow bleacher reports to often, just to let you know.

Starter
    I thought he was too small until I watched his film that kid is a beast and even though I've been saying ebron all along I definitely won't be mad if we get this guy