+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    his weight is what makes him so fast.. I wouldn't change a thing.. This guy is a play maker

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    How does the bench indicate short arms?? In that case Pugh would have put up 50+ reps with his T-Rex arms
    Short arms = higher reps.

Clear coorelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Can he be converted to DE? I would rather put him at end than DT.
    I don't see him as an edge rusher. Not his game. He's not a guy who is going to bend around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    because they have less distance to move the bar. just like in HS when we were tested for pull-ups the tiny kids with short arms could always do more than me with my long dangly ones
    But then wouldnt only short guys get alot of reps??

Thats not the case though, yes he has shorter arms than a knuckle-dragger like JPP but he's also stronger

The way slip made it seem was that any whimpy Trex armed NFLer could put up 50 reps no prob cause they have short arms

Do short armed guys always put up more reps?? NO
    Do stronger guys put up more reps?? Yes
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Short arms = higher reps.

Clear coorelation.
    Strength = Higher Reps

Clear correlation

Much clearer than having short arms makes for more reps
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Strength = Higher Reps

Clear correlation

Much clearer than having short arms makes for more reps
    No. It's not.

Shorter armed guys have a massive advantage on the bench.

That's why the guys with short arms are the ones getting crazy 40+ numbers

But then wouldnt only short guys get alot of reps??

Thats not the case though, yes he has shorter arms than a knuckle-dragger like JPP but he's also stronger

The way slip made it seem was that any whimpy Trex armed NFLer could put up 50 reps no prob cause they have short arms

Do short armed guys always put up more reps?? NO
    Do stronger guys put up more reps?? Yes
    I see what you are saying. But the overall point with the arm length and reps is that it can make guys who are weaker appear stronger. Yes, strong guys put up a lot of reps, but if they have shorter arms then a guy who put up the same number of reps, there is that caveat

Point is, the bench is a measure of strength. However, if a guy has longer or shorter arms than average, you do need to take that into account

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No. It's not.

Shorter armed guys have a massive advantage on the bench.

That's why the guys with short arms are the ones getting crazy 40+ numbers
    What about guys that are strong, do they not have a massive advantage on the bench as well???

Those guys may have short arms but you're not putting up 40reps unless you have strength, I dont care how short your arms are

...Sometimes I feel like you argue just to argue

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I see what you are saying. But the overall point with the arm length and reps is that it can make guys who are weaker appear stronger. Yes, strong guys put up a lot of reps, but if they have shorter arms then a guy who put up the same number of reps, there is that caveat

Point is, the bench is a measure of strength. However, if a guy has longer or shorter arms than average, you do need to take that into account
    Who really cares about combines and pro days, for me its all about your game tape.

Slip is making it seem that any weakling with short arms can put up 50 reps because they have TRex arms. Yes short arms might help, but you arent putting up any reps unless you're strong, its plain and simple

I dont agree with the combine drills, when is someone running without pads, doing a standing high jump or broad jump, or doing the bench press. Its a way to measure speed, strength, agility, etc but the best way to do that is game tape

Slip I know that the reps are easier if you have shorter arms since it is common sense you don't have to bench it as high as other players but Donald does have great strength. His bench total isn't all because of his shorter arms. He sat Cyril Richardson on his *** when he was considered possibly the best Guard prospect at the time. Plus Richardson outweighs him by like 50 pounds. His short arms didn't do that. That was his strength. When you watch him play he is quick enough that the Guards cannot get their hands locked on him and he is strong enough to destroy double teams. He is a beast

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig