+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    Last year, statistically, the Giants had the worst. So, maybe I was right and 'the best' doesnt mean what he thinks it means.
    In yards, Giants were best in NFC east

Nobody is the best anything in April....I'm not buying that dream team crap

All-Pro
    I wait until I see some games played

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Based on?
    No base at all. Its just another ridiculous statement

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I wait until I see some games played
    Totally agree, I wouldn't get too carried away with the rhetoric. Learn by my mistakes, lol.
    Last year at this time I was delcaring our WR corps as the best in Giants history and one of the 3 or 4 best in the league.
    Oh well...........
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Totally agree, I wouldn't get too carried away with the rhetoric. Learn by my mistakes, lol.
    Last year at this time I was delcaring our WR corps as the best in Giants history and one of the 3 or 4 best in the league.
    Oh well...........
    The Giant's will most likely have the best defense in the division but I don't think that's the issue. The Giant's offense is what worries me and they haven't done much to shore it up player wise...

we have a nice roster and some really nice potential. That's it for now
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    Last year, statistically, the Giants had the worst. So, maybe I was right and 'the best' doesnt mean what he thinks it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    What statistics are you using?

Redskins and Cowboys allowed 95 and 49 MORE points, respectively, than the Giants. Eagles allowed one less point--one--than the Giants, making that a statistical tie in points per game allowed.

Cowboys allowed the most yards per game in the NFL (415.3 yds), Eagles allowed the 4th most yards per game in the league (394 yds), Redskins allowed the 15th most yds per game (354.1 yds per), while the Giants allowed the 25th most yds per game (ie, 8th BEST in the league in fewest yds, with 332.2 yds allowed per game).

In another crucial measurement of defensive success or failure--3rd down conversions--Cowboys were 4th worst in conversions allowed (43%), the Giants, Eagles--and Steelers--were tied for 9th worst in conversions allowed (40%), while the Redskins were admittedly far better in this statistic allowing 34% conversion rate, surpassed only by Bengals and Lions in this category.

The Giants 17 interceptions by defense were exceeded only by the Eagles' 19, while Cowboys and Redskins had 15 and 16 INTs, respectively.

Cowboys had 13 fumble recoveries, while Giants and Eagles had 12. Redskins recovered only 9.

Even in sacks, which the Giants admittedly were fairly pathetic in getting last year, giants were tied with Cowboys at 34 sacks, while Redskins had 36 and Eagles had 37--hardly a ringing superiority in defensive prowess by Washington and Philadelphia.

I'm beginning to wonder if "statistically worst" means what YOU think it means.
    Hahaha owned.

We haven't given up any points this whole Spring.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post
    We haven't given up any points this whole Spring.
    Yes we are the best in the NFL right now hands down the
    greatest D in April 2014.

All HOF players we are so blessed.

Now, how many months until regular season game 1 ?