+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Our depth chart as of April 3

    Edit: added Reynolds and Bowman to the list, as they have a statistically possible chance of making it.

    FA pickups in bold.

    QB: Manning, Painter, Nassib
    RB: Jennings, Wilson, Hillis, Cox
    FB: Conner, Hynoski
    WR: Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Manningham, Holliday (KR)
    TE: Donnell, Robinson
    OT: Beatty, Pugh, C.Brown
    OG: Schwartz, Snee, Jerry, Mosley, (Brewer)
    C: Walton, Reynolds

    DE: JPP, Ayers, Kiwi, Moore
    DT: Jenkins, Hankins, Patterson, Kuhn
    OLB: McClain, Paysinger, Williams, Bradford
    MLB: Beason, Herzlich
    CB: Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride, Hosley, C.James, Bowman
    S: Rolle, Stevie, Hill, Taylor, Demps (PR)


    Say what you will about what Reese has picked up this offseason, but there is no way in hell any of us could have predicted this much happening. We've historically been one of the quietest teams in FA in recent years...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 04-03-2014 at 01:59 PM.

  2. #2
    From the depth chart it's pretty clear what our top needs are: TE (could be addressed by a vet like finley), DT/DE (after ayers leaning towards DT), C (walton is simply a question mark with a mix of really bad for 2 years followed by solid for 4 games so we'll see), OLB (a solid coverage guy b/c TEs KILL US)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    FA pickups in bold.

    QB: Manning, Painter, Nassib
    RB: Jennings, Wilson, Hillis, Cox
    FB: Conner, Hynoski
    WR: Cruz, Randle, Jernigan, Manningham, Holliday (KR)
    TE: Donnell, Robinson
    OT: Beatty, Pugh, C.Brown
    OG: Schwartz, Snee, Jerry, Mosley, (Brewer)
    C: Walton

    DE: JPP, Ayers, Kiwi, Moore
    DT: Jenkins, Hankins, Patterson, Kuhn
    OLB: McClain, Paysinger, Williams, Bradford
    MLB: Beason, Herzlich
    CB: Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride, Hosley, C.James
    S: Rolle, Stevie, Hill, Taylor, Demps (PR)


    Say what you will about what Reese has picked up this offseason, but there is no way in hell any of us could have predicted this much happening. We've historically been one of the quietest teams in FA in recent years...
    You forgot CB Zack Bowman on defense & OG/C Dallas Reynolds on offense
    Last edited by miked1958; 04-03-2014 at 01:59 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  4. #4
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,620
    So that's practically a full depth chart. I guess Mr. Reese is going to skip the draft after all.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  5. #5
    There is also these Signed "Street FAs" is the term they used. All signed in Jan. 2014. There's a P, WR, TE, OT, LB @ PK....more then likely all just camp bodies but here you go anyway ...



    P JORDAN GAY (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Jordan Gay to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Gay was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Carolina Panthers after the 2013 NFL Draft. The Panthers waived him in August. Gay averaged 44.8 yards per punt as a senior. He has experience as a kicker and kickoff specialist as well.

    WR PRESTON PARKER (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Parker to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Parker was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the 2010 NFL Draft. The Buccaneers waived him in September 2012. He was with the Saints in 2013 before they waived him in August. Parker played in 27 games with Tampa Bay, catching 44 passes for 596 yards and three touchdowns. Parker has average size but he has good quickness and hands. He also has experience returning punts and kickoffs.

    TE DANIEL FELLS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Fells to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Fell was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2006 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Falcons, Raiders, Buccaneers, Rams, Broncos, and Patriots. Fells has played in 71 regular-season NFL games with 30 starts. He has 92 regular-season receptions for 1,086 yards and eight touchdowns. He last played for the Patriots in 2012, playing in 13 games with four starts. Fells has some ability as a blocker and receiver, but he is inconsistent.

    OT TROY KROPOG (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Kropog to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Kropog was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans. The Titans waived him in September 2012 and he then spent time with the Jaguars (2012), Vikings (2012-13) and Redskins (2013). Kropog has a decent combination of size and athleticism, and he is a hard worker, but it hasn’t come together for him at the NFL level. Kropog has never started an NFL game since drafted. Versatile, he can play both tackle and guard.

    LB SPENCER ADKINS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Adkins to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Adkins was originally drafted in the 6th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons waived him in August 2012. The Ravens signed him in January 2013 and waived him in August. In three seasons with the Falcons, Adkins played in 24 regular-season games with one start. He has 15 career tackles. Adkins is a very good athlete, but he lacks size and instincts.

    PK BRANDON McMANUS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed McManus to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. McManus was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2013 NFL Draft. The Colts waived him in August. In 2012 at Temple, McManus was 14-of-17 on field goal attempts and 32-of-33 on PATs. McManus has a strong leg and also has experience as a punter.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  6. #6
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    There is also these Signed "Street FAs" is the term they used. All signed in Jan. 2014. There's a P, WR, TE, OT, LB @ PK....more then likely all just camp bodies but here you go anyway ...



    P JORDAN GAY (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Jordan Gay to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Gay was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Carolina Panthers after the 2013 NFL Draft. The Panthers waived him in August. Gay averaged 44.8 yards per punt as a senior. He has experience as a kicker and kickoff specialist as well.

    WR PRESTON PARKER (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Parker to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Parker was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the 2010 NFL Draft. The Buccaneers waived him in September 2012. He was with the Saints in 2013 before they waived him in August. Parker played in 27 games with Tampa Bay, catching 44 passes for 596 yards and three touchdowns. Parker has average size but he has good quickness and hands. He also has experience returning punts and kickoffs.

    TE DANIEL FELLS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Fells to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Fell was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2006 NFL Draft. He has spent time with the Falcons, Raiders, Buccaneers, Rams, Broncos, and Patriots. Fells has played in 71 regular-season NFL games with 30 starts. He has 92 regular-season receptions for 1,086 yards and eight touchdowns. He last played for the Patriots in 2012, playing in 13 games with four starts. Fells has some ability as a blocker and receiver, but he is inconsistent.

    OT TROY KROPOG (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Kropog to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Kropog was originally drafted in the 4th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans. The Titans waived him in September 2012 and he then spent time with the Jaguars (2012), Vikings (2012-13) and Redskins (2013). Kropog has a decent combination of size and athleticism, and he is a hard worker, but it hasn’t come together for him at the NFL level. Kropog has never started an NFL game since drafted. Versatile, he can play both tackle and guard.

    LB SPENCER ADKINS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed Adkins to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. Adkins was originally drafted in the 6th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons waived him in August 2012. The Ravens signed him in January 2013 and waived him in August. In three seasons with the Falcons, Adkins played in 24 regular-season games with one start. He has 15 career tackles. Adkins is a very good athlete, but he lacks size and instincts.

    PK BRANDON McMANUS (Street Free Agent): The Giants signed McManus to a reserve/future contract in January 2014. McManus was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted rookie free agent after the 2013 NFL Draft. The Colts waived him in August. In 2012 at Temple, McManus was 14-of-17 on field goal attempts and 32-of-33 on PATs. McManus has a strong leg and also has experience as a punter.
    Yep, all signed to future contract - consideration, whatever it means.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  7. #7
    I didn't include anyone that had no reasonable shot of making the roster. However, Reynolds was an omission that should be included on the list, as barring a C being drafted, he is the only C depth we have.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I didn't include anyone that had no reasonable shot of making the roster. However, Reynolds was an omission that should be included on the list, as barring a C being drafted, he is the only C depth we have.
    What about Bowman? Think he has realistic chance of making it? Or no..

    Also IMO I think even with Reynolds and Walton the C position is shaky at best
    Last edited by miked1958; 04-03-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  9. #9
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I didn't include anyone that had no reasonable shot of making the roster. However, Reynolds was an omission that should be included on the list, as barring a C being drafted, he is the only C depth we have.
    Reynolds as a C ? I thought he played tackle.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    What about Bowman? Think he has realistic chance of making it? Or no
    CB is one of our deepest positions on the roster. Maybe he can if he beats out Charles James, but I liked what I saw out of James in the last preseason and as a special teamer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts