+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    CB is one of our deepest positions on the roster. Maybe he can if he beats out Charles James, but I liked what I saw out of James in the last preseason and as a special teamer.
    Think I will have to agree with you here so yea.. If that's the case then he would be left off the list
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I think the Giants had genuine interest in Bowman mainly because he played for years in a team that had a very good ST play and he has a ton of starting experience during his career. I see this move more like a " need " one for the Giants taking in count their lackluster ST play last year.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I think the Giants had genuine interest in Bowman mainly because he played for years in a team that had a very good ST play and he has a ton of starting experience during his career. I see this move more like a " need " one for the Giants taking in count their lackluster ST play last year.
    So if he is that good on STs maybe he makes it solely based off that. However normally players like that have to be able to contribute more then just STs to make it as roster spots are scarce..

So if it comes down to it and there's only one spot left on the roster do they go with James as a quality backup at the CB position or a stud STs guy that maybe would not provide much help as a backup at CB?
    Last edited by miked1958; 04-03-2014 at 03:45 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I would draft OT, TE, C, RB, LB, WR in that order of priority

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post
    Nothing like drafting a guy in the first to sit on the bench for at least 2 years

All of these FA moves show that the Giants were serious about retooling the team on offense, defense and special teams. They still have work to do, but they seem to be moving in the right direction. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like, which I hope won't include Painter and Brewer.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Reynolds as a C ? I thought he played tackle.
    Actually I think he played Guard for us a game, and did well. Pretty sure he is a center/guard guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by yo-ho View Post

the positions that concern me the most are DE and Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Think I will have to agree with you here so yea.. If that's the case then he would be left off the list
    Well I just added him to it, since he CAN beat out James for the final CB spot.

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Center and TE are the only scary spots right now. Beatty gets another shot but if by the draft his broken leg seems bothersome they might as well draft a OT high. Still see Ebron, Donald and Evans as the possible picks.