+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WayBackFan View Post
    Eli should work on his agility during the off-season so he can avoid getting slammed by pass-rushers.

Also back-vision to avoid blind-side hits.
    The agility ship has sailed, he is who he is.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The agility ship has sailed, he is who he is.
    +1000

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    new excuse. maybe Mcdoo not having a glossy mustache or RR and JJ not studying the new playbook ect ect.
    Last edited by Harooni; 04-03-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Veteran
    They still do not have anyone that profiles as a #1 WR. Eli has had the most success when he has had a true #1 WR(Plax,Nicks). I predict he will struggle again, maybe not as bad, if we don't get a legitimate deep threat #1 WR.

Banned
    It was supposedly all up to Eli last season too. How'd that work out? It's a good sign to me that Mara/Reese didn't just give Eli an extended contract, and it looks like they are going to make him earn his next one. I think Eli knows he isn't only playing for a new contract but a job this year. Another stinker and the Giants will draft a 1st round QB in the 2015 NFL draft to replace him.

It's why they pay me the big bucks

Quote Originally Posted by BBlue4ever View Post
    They still do not have anyone that profiles as a #1 WR. Eli has had the most success when he has had a true #1 WR(Plax,Nicks). I predict he will struggle again, maybe not as bad, if we don't get a legitimate deep threat #1 WR.
    Gilbrides system relied heavily on that #1 receiver.

Gilbride is no longer with the team

I hope Eli can handle all the pressure that is going to be on him this season, he has to greatly improve his own personal performance and make the team successful, hopefully both will happen together....

Eli's got a lot riding on how he plays this season, including his long-term future with the Giants. He'll be feeling the heat, but I think he'll have a bounce back year. Plus, being taken out of his Gilbride comfort zone will probably be a good thing for him.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    it will be up to the offense and spteams to now step up since reese already addressed the areas of concern and has yet to add more help in the draft. TC is also riding on Eli this year ,so lets hope it improves drastically.
    I didn't know TC was riding Eli. Aren't they married with children ?
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!