+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If they can stay healthy they should be much better offensively, can't be much worse. I don't think Eli just forgot how to play QB. He needs good tools around him to succeed. I hope the defense can also improve. If JPP can dominate again they should be pretty good, if not....

The OL problem has not been solved. We got a LG, woohoo! We got no center, Snee at RG and Beatty at LT. The OL has many holes

Eli needs a talented o-line, some semblance of a running game behind him, and more talent at WR then we currently have. Barring that, I wouldn't expect much from Eli and that's not a knock against him.

I understand that Eli was under a lot of pressure last season due to an atrocious O line performance but what concerns me the most is his decision making with the ball

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I understand that Eli was under a lot of pressure last season due to an atrocious O line performance but what concerns me the most is his decision making with the ball
    Last year he was under pressure because of our OLine and him trying to hit a homerun every game. This year he is under more pressure because he has (a) better protection / rotation IN THE WORKS (b) hopefully will have a better running game, considering many of new coaches ( including OC ) have both QB and RB experience (c) new offensive scheme that will obviously work around his strengths (d) our secondary moves should give him a shot in the arms, once we complete or D moves (e) he had an embarassing season for a top 10 "elite" QB (f) his contract was not extended ( indirect message from Mr. Mara imo ) (g) has to substantiate his furure contract (h) play well so the nightmares will subside (i) He is a NY Giant and a similar last season cannot occur.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011