+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy My Rant and Concern.

Some of these signings have been head scratchers in my opinion.

I mean its great we have a depth guy replacement for tuck such as Ayers, but a high career sack of only 5.... while he is 28... is kinda pathetic... It is great that he is a run stopper but would be nice if he could do or be more than that.

I don't think signing Schwartz who has been out of the league for a year injured is smart... especially signing to the money that he is receiving. (i hope he proves me wrong..) I am happy with the KC lineman we picked up.

I still think it would be wise to draft a Lineman in the first round... You have Chris Snee, and other lineman who are aging and having these FA's who are almost 30 doesn't help the situation down the line.

I don't think there are quality DE's or DT, or IL as a first round draft pick. Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald would piss me off if we select either of these guys in the first round. Aaron Donald is undersized DT. we already have an undersized DT in the Greenbay guy we picked up last year.

I also think Mike Evans is a poor mans Plaxico Burress... he is a good red zone threat, but the Giants cant score in the redzone so what's the point?

TE Eric Ebron would be nice, however i still think a lineman is ideal... i just dont think having middle aged Lineman are the way to go for our future. We can pick up a TE in the second round if need be.

We do need a DT, which would be nice in the 3rd of 4th round.

Hoping for good draft picks this year and a better nfl season.

I think you are a downer.....

the FAs are good players and good depth at great prices.
    You dont what Mike Evans is or isnt as an NFL player.
    Ebron at 12 is a mistake to me. I woudl hold out for a bigger more well rounded TE in the 2nd round.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Woah woah woah...

#1 - Ayers is not replacing Tuck. Ayers wont be the starter. JPP and Moore will be.
    #2 - Schwartz played all last year, and very well I might add.
    #3 - They will draft an OL early. And they added 3 OL in FA. Not bad.
    #4 - Aaron Donald may be undersized, but he is a hell of a pass rushing DT, something we really need. Push up the middle.
    #5 - Mike Evans a poor mans Plax? Not even close. Id say Brandon Coleman from Rutgers is a poor mans Plax. Evans is more physical.
    #6 - Ebron would be a terrible pick IMO. As we do need a TE, it isnt wise to draft one at 12.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

I feel down, believe me lol.
    I just think solidifying the line with youth is the answer. Give me a lineman and ill give you more positivity. I just think someone should be there with Pugh who can build this line for the future.

Mike Evans is not the answer for US.... in the first round is all I'm saying.
    Ebron would be an awesome pick, if we had a youthful sturdy line..

I just think what Reese is doing for FA's we signed is a quick fix tweak.

I am just glad the Giants aren't thinking of Extending Eli Manning now and waiting. but there's little reason for them to do a new deal at this point. Manning is coming off a 27-interception season and currently signed through 2015. The Giants want Manning to prove he's not in decline before making a decision on whether to extend him next offseason.. which i am happy with until we see improvement

"#1 - Ayers is not replacing Tuck. Ayers wont be the starter. JPP and Moore will be."

Not so sure about that. I can see Ayers getting the starting gig. He won't be on the field as much as Tuck was, as I see Moore and Ayers switching in and out a lot, but I do not see Moore starting when the season starts.

"We can't score in the red zone so what's the point."

1. We couldn't score with Gilbride, we have a new OC, with new ideas.
    2. If there is a red zone threat....wouldn't that help us score in the red zone? Lol.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    "#1 - Ayers is not replacing Tuck. Ayers wont be the starter. JPP and Moore will be."

Not so sure about that. I can see Ayers getting the starting gig. He won't be on the field as much as Tuck was, as I see Moore and Ayers switching in and out a lot, but I do not see Moore starting when the season starts.
    I agree i think Ayers will start to help set the tone on D by stopping the run, let Moore will get his PT on obvious passing downs. But as for the 1st pick we need playmakers on offense. Besides Cruz and a healthy David Wilson we really dont have anyone who can create space and make things happen. Hopefully Jernigan can step up and become another playmaker for us but i think if Evans is there at #12 we have to take him.

Virtually every single point made in the OP is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Woah woah woah...

#1 - Ayers is not replacing Tuck. Ayers wont be the starter. JPP and Moore will be.
    #2 - Schwartz played all last year, and very well I might add.
    #3 - They will draft an OL early. And they added 3 OL in FA. Not bad.
    #4 - Aaron Donald may be undersized, but he is a hell of a pass rushing DT, something we really need. Push up the middle.
    #5 - Mike Evans a poor mans Plax? Not even close. Id say Brandon Coleman from Rutgers is a poor mans Plax. Evans is more physical.
    #6 - Ebron would be a terrible pick IMO. As we do need a TE, it isnt wise to draft one at 12.
    #1: I feel that Ayers will be replacing Tuck, in that Tuck was one of the best run defenders in the league from the DE position last year (JPP as well). With the new secondary we have, having freakishly athletic pass rushers is less of a concern than just getting guys that can contain the QB in the pocket and prevent rollouts, and from there get a coverage sack. Being able to shut down the run and maintain gap responsibility are more important now.

#2: I agree, Schwartz is a HUGE upgrade from Boothe. Still wish Boothe could have been resigned as a backup, but alas...

#3: OL has definitely been upgraded, and I could see the likes of Swanson in the 3rd.

#4: I actually agree with the OP on this one. Donald would basically just be another Jenkins. That's good if you want to replace Jenkins (he is getting up there in age), but we could find a project later in the draft to develop and save the first rounder for a more need position like TE or WR. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind the Donald pick, but would be a little peeved if we left Ebron or Evans on the board because of it.

#5: Evans would more closely resemble a Nicks replacement, and in the past week or so he has become my top choice if I had to choose at 12, though on the other hand he'll likely be gone.

#6: You DO know that TE is the thinnest position on the roster, right? We can field a complete defense with just the players we have now, not so for offense, who need a true wideout opposite from Randle and a tight end. A guy like Donald is value, a guy like Ebron or Evans is value + need.