+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Giants were ranked roughly 10th in the league in converting redzone posessions into TDs under gilbride.

I'm not sure where this they can't convert thing comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants were ranked roughly 10th in the league in converting redzone posessions into TDs under gilbride.

I'm not sure where this they can't convert thing comes from.
    I guess it just seemed that way. I thought we were worse as well. Gilbrides offense always seemed to stall because we could have a WR go deep in the redzone.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Virtually every single point made in the OP is wrong.
    This.

1. Ayers is not a direct replacement for Tuck, it's the hope that Moore will become a solid starter with Kiwi as the primary back-up. He's a god depth move.

2. Schwartz played all last year, it's why he got the money. It's Walton that was hurt and he got a smaller deal. I expect that they'll get another C in the draft to battle with Walton for the starting spot.

3. All the OL they added are currently in their "prime age", we'll get their best years which allows us to add youth over time instead of all at once. If they follow my thought in #2, with the center an Pugh they'd already have two very young starting OLmen, along with Beatty and Schwartz (two OL in their prime) with only one potential aged vet in Snee. That's called good balance.

4. Seeing how Jenkins is 32 and Patterson is 30, drafting a DT at some point would be a smart move. And getting a 3T guy to pair with Hankins, Who'se more of a 1Tech would fit.

5. I think the Giants are set at WR, maybe they draft one in the middle rounds, but they feel strongly about seeing what Randle and Jernigan are about this year.

Basically, I disagree with 90% of what you said. lol.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    Some of these signings have been head scratchers in my opinion.

I mean its great we have a depth guy replacement for tuck such as Ayers, but a high career sack of only 5.... while he is 28... is kinda pathetic... It is great that he is a run stopper but would be nice if he could do or be more than that.

I don't think signing Schwartz who has been out of the league for a year injured is smart... especially signing to the money that he is receiving. (i hope he proves me wrong..) I am happy with the KC lineman we picked up.

I still think it would be wise to draft a Lineman in the first round... You have Chris Snee, and other lineman who are aging and having these FA's who are almost 30 doesn't help the situation down the line.

I don't think there are quality DE's or DT, or IL as a first round draft pick. Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald would piss me off if we select either of these guys in the first round. Aaron Donald is undersized DT. we already have an undersized DT in the Greenbay guy we picked up last year.

I also think Mike Evans is a poor mans Plaxico Burress... he is a good red zone threat, but the Giants cant score in the redzone so what's the point?

TE Eric Ebron would be nice, however i still think a lineman is ideal... i just dont think having middle aged Lineman are the way to go for our future. We can pick up a TE in the second round if need be.

We do need a DT, which would be nice in the 3rd of 4th round.

Hoping for good draft picks this year and a better nfl season.
    1) No one is saying Ayers will replace Tuck. The Giants should still draft another DE, but they needed some depth insurance at the DE position. JPP may or may not bounce back, Moore is unproven and Kiwi is well Kiwi.

2) Schwartz wasn't out of the league. I think you meant JD Walton, the center. I have some concerns about Walton, too. But the Giants may still draft another center.

3) The Giants have been shoring up the O-Line throughout FA. Now, that doesn't mean they won't draft more O-Linemen, which they should. But the Giants have done enough with the O-Line where they don't have to automatically make the O-Line the top pick in the draft.

Personally, I want them to draft Ebron, but I'd be happy with Evans, too. The Giants need to add some more firepower to the offense.
    One of these teams is not like the others

All from a guy named Looney OOPS Luni….

IMO, Ayers is the favorite today, to be the starter opposite JPP. But, preseason could change that.

huh, none of our fa pick ups were head scratchers. all needs and all within a reasonable price tag (for todays nfl)
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    I feel down, believe me lol.
    I just think solidifying the line with youth is the answer. Give me a lineman and ill give you more positivity. I just think someone should be there with Pugh who can build this line for the future.

Mike Evans is not the answer for US.... in the first round is all I'm saying.
    Ebron would be an awesome pick, if we had a youthful sturdy line..

I just think what Reese is doing for FA's we signed is a quick fix tweak.
    May I respectfully say that you are looking at this all wrong?
    Our personnel was so bad last year (including our bench) that we needed a complete overhaul. Not every change is going to be earth shaking but when you add 13 new players through FA and 10 of them are better than the guys they replaced, you are moving in the right direction. Sure the OL sitll needs help but we were so bad there that the fix will take 2 years. It will all be good.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    I don't think it's a matter of "who replaces who". We've touched every position (with the exception of a few) through free agency and this will allow us to take the best player available at the time. We can take an "Evans" or a "Donald" with our first pick without the pressure of needing them to save our team. They can contribute right away or learn along the way. We can take an OL and let them learn along the way. Would I like them to start and excel right away? Sure, but now its not needed as much.