+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    Some of these signings have been head scratchers in my opinion.

I mean its great we have a depth guy replacement for tuck such as Ayers, but a high career sack of only 5.... while he is 28... is kinda pathetic... It is great that he is a run stopper but would be nice if he could do or be more than that.

I don't think signing Schwartz who has been out of the league for a year injured is smart... especially signing to the money that he is receiving. (i hope he proves me wrong..) I am happy with the KC lineman we picked up.

I still think it would be wise to draft a Lineman in the first round... You have Chris Snee, and other lineman who are aging and having these FA's who are almost 30 doesn't help the situation down the line.

I don't think there are quality DE's or DT, or IL as a first round draft pick. Anthony Barr and Aaron Donald would piss me off if we select either of these guys in the first round. Aaron Donald is undersized DT. we already have an undersized DT in the Greenbay guy we picked up last year.

I also think Mike Evans is a poor mans Plaxico Burress... he is a good red zone threat, but the Giants cant score in the redzone so what's the point?

TE Eric Ebron would be nice, however i still think a lineman is ideal... i just dont think having middle aged Lineman are the way to go for our future. We can pick up a TE in the second round if need be.

We do need a DT, which would be nice in the 3rd of 4th round.

Hoping for good draft picks this year and a better nfl season.
    I was just going to pass on this thread, but the highlight begs a question. IF we cant score in the red zone we shouldn't do anything to sign a player who, according to you, IS a red zone threat?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    "We can't score in the red zone so what's the point."

1. We couldn't score with Gilbride, we have a new OC, with new ideas.
    2. If there is a red zone threat....wouldn't that help us score in the red zone? Lol.
    You are fighting nonsense with logic, that will never work.

a lot of what I wrote was in frustration to understand what is going on in FA while I thought building through the draft with our # 1 pick... i just hope it is OL.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants were ranked roughly 10th in the league in converting redzone posessions into TDs under gilbride.

I'm not sure where this they can't convert thing comes from.
    Did you watch last season?
    We were 30th.

I think that's where it comes from.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Did you watch last season?
    We were 30th.

I think that's where it comes from.
    Right. But last year they were 30th in redzone posessions too. Lol

Shows the offense as a whole was crap.

And besides, Killdrive is gone.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    And besides, Killdrive is gone.
    Lmao@ that sig

They should start printing vote for Sanchez shirts
    Last edited by Mookskingdom; 04-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.

The proud and UNDEFEATED defender of Eli Manning

[QUOTE=2. If there is a red zone threat....wouldn't that help us score in the red zone? Lol.[/QUOTE]

yea that had me like " what" also lol

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I was just going to pass on this thread, but the highlight begs a question. IF we cant score in the red zone we shouldn't do anything to sign a player who, according to you, IS a red zone threat?
    That pretty much sums it up.
    Ladies and gentlemen, here we have our GM being played by Yogi Berra.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    1. Ayers is not a direct replacement for Tuck, it's the hope that Moore will become a solid starter with Kiwi as the primary back-up. He's a god depth move.

2. Schwartz played all last year, it's why he got the money. It's Walton that was hurt and he got a smaller deal. I expect that they'll get another C in the draft to battle with Walton for the starting spot.

3. All the OL they added are currently in their "prime age", we'll get their best years which allows us to add youth over time instead of all at once. If they follow my thought in #2, with the center an Pugh they'd already have two very young starting OLmen, along with Beatty and Schwartz (two OL in their prime) with only one potential aged vet in Snee. That's called good balance.

4. Seeing how Jenkins is 32 and Patterson is 30, drafting a DT at some point would be a smart move. And getting a 3T guy to pair with Hankins, Who'se more of a 1Tech would fit.

5. I think the Giants are set at WR, maybe they draft one in the middle rounds, but they feel strongly about seeing what Randle and Jernigan are about this year.

Basically, I disagree with 90% of what you said. lol.
    I totally agree, except with Snee, I don't think he'll make it on those bad hips at his age. I think you left off TE, however, I do think L. Donnell will surprise in his third yr, so I'll be ok with a vet or a 3rd or 4th round pick added if the coaches feel the need.

If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones "Baby"- I Likes That!!! from: The Analyst haha
    Last edited by memfist.ten; 04-03-2014 at 02:07 PM.