+ Reply to Thread

Rotoworld's Evan Silva: Packers win, it's a "talent issue" of the two teams...

anyone agree with this guy's prediction:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...nal-round?pg=2

I agree with most of his point of view, but I am having issue when he calls out the talent issue of Gmen's playmakers vs Packers playmakers. I really dont think we have less talent compare to the packers at all...

Veteran

Re: Rotoworld's Evan Silva: Packers win, it's a "talent issue" of the two teams...

[quote user="funkybudda"]anyone agree with this guy's prediction:

I agree with most of his point of view, but I am having issue when he calls out the talent issue of Gmen's playmakers vs Packers playmakers. I really dont think we have less talent compare to the packers at all...
    [/quote]

Take a look at what Matt Flynn did when he was plugged into the lineup.

Green Bay not only has great players, but their offensive system just kicks ***. The same goes for the Saints.

Frankly, I think Eli makes Gilbride, and not vice versa....take a look at how many points Eli scores prior to halftime, and in the fourth quarter.....when he has the ability to just get out and make it happen, he shines.

I don't mean to turn this into a "bash Killdrive" thread.....and I've bashed him before. But I wonder what sort of sick stuff Eli could do if they plugged him into the Saints or Packers offensive systems.

Veteran

Re: Rotoworld's Evan Silva: Packers win, it's a "talent issue" of the two teams...

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

Green Bay not only has great players, but their offensive system just kicks ***. The same goes for the Saints.

Frankly, I think Eli makes Gilbride, and not vice versa....take a look at how many points Eli scores prior to halftime, and in the fourth quarter.....when he has the ability to just get out and make it happen, he shines.

I don't mean to turn this into a "bash Killdrive" thread.....and I've bashed him before. But I wonder what sort of sick stuff Eli could do if they plugged him into the Saints or Packers offensive systems.

[/quote]

There enlies theheart of any offensive issuesthe Giants mayhave at times. I have been saying it since day 1.In my opinion the system isthe difference between beingone of thetop 3 offenses (Saints, Pats, Packers) and being 8th. There's no reason that the talent level of this Giantsoffense should be sitting behind the Panthers, Chargers, Lions and Eagles as far as yards go. As far as points, the Giants shouldn't be sitting behind those same aforementionedteams plus the Falcons at the 9 spot not with that offensive talent. It is a terrible shame, it really is and system/play-calling is the root of any problems/inconsistencies on offensewith some bigger O-line issues then they have had in the past (but not much worse than prior years) mixed in.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

All-Pro

wow this is the bizzarro thread

this is the kinda thing i woulda expected had the season ended 2 weeks ago

glad to see everyone being so positive heading into this huge game!

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]wow this is the bizzarro thread

this is the kinda thing i woulda expected had the season ended 2 weeks ago

glad to see everyone being so positive heading into this huge game![/quote]

There's no law that says we need to be positive and also insist there's nothing that can be improved. There is no doubt in my mind that this team could be ranked in the top 3 offensively. I believe the Giants overall offensive talent is better than the Patriots and close to equivalent with GB and New Orleans (I'd say they are a TE and maybe oneWR shy of GB's and New Orleans' offensive talent)yet the Giants sit behind all 3 of them and additionally in no particular order, the Panthers, Eagles, Chargers, Lionsand Falcons in the points statistic (regular season). To me, that is unacceptable and I whole-heartedly believe as I have since day one that the system we run is the sole reason.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="JMFP2"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wow u r right

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Sounds like the rest of the sports world.

"Packers can't be beat this year they're 15-1 for a reason.",

"Mail the Lombardi Trophy to Green Bay.",

"Aaron Rodgers is the best player in football so they win."

It's like the Green Bay Packers are royalty. I understand they had the best regular season record and Aaron Rodgers is an amazing player, but any given Sunday. Especially this year. I mean who thought of all teams that the Chiefs would beat them?! Who thought the Rams would beat The Saints?!

It's a huge FU to the the rest of the teams in the league. Man do I hope we end their season!!

Look at us in 2007. The Patriots were the better team, but The Giants wanted it more!

Ringing in the 2012 season!

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Look at us in 2007. The Patriots were the better team, but The Giants wanted it more![/quote]

Please don't oversimplify with cliches.

We won in 2007 because we were a very good football team that played like an excellent football team in January/February. And our defense was superb.

I don't think the Patriots "wanted it less" than we did. I think we just outplayed them, especially when they had the ball.

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Look at us in 2007. The Patriots were the better team, but The Giants wanted it more![/quote]

Please don't oversimplify with cliches.

We won in 2007 because we were a very good football team that played like an excellent football team in January/February. And our defense was superb.

I don't think the Patriots "wanted it less" than we did. I think we just outplayed them, especially when they had the ball.