+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I still dont understand why they couldnt play him a quarter or 2 in the last 2 games
    They may have wanted to avoid David Carr syndrome. Why let the kid get beat up behind a bad line? Painter was used to it, and pretty expendable. I could have seen putting him in to give Eli a break from the beating; but why take a chance of letting Nassib develop 'happy feet" like Carr did.

I understand that a lot of people are annoyed they didn't take Eli out once we were mathematically eliminated & play Nassib, but...

They wanted to win as many games as they can, even if it was all for nothing. Once we were eliminated, Coughlin said that we were going to play to earn some of that respect and pride back that we had so obviously lost for the terribad season. I know everyone wants a higher draft pick but, personally, I could never cheer for my team to tank games to get a better pick. Just can't do it. I still want to win, even if it's absolutely meaningless.

And really, it's not. If us finishing 7-9 instead of 4-12 (since we were realistically eliminated against Dallas) gives our players even a LITTLE bit of positive momentum and hope going into the '14 season, and if that helps even just a little with performance, then it wasn't a waste.

Just my opinion I guess. I can see it both ways (esp with Eli getting hurt in week 17... that was painful) but yeah..

"WE STOMPED YOU OUT" - 92, Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    More like they haven't let him show us anything yet.
    Exactly......Nassib ought to get some significant time this upcoming preseason, though. But let's hope Eazy E will keep us in contention for the remainder of his tenure. I love Eli, but in the immortal words of Janet Jackson......."What have you done for me lately?"

Difficult to say. We haven't seen him take any meaningful snaps. His college tapes didn't jump off the screen but Syracuse wasn't exactly Alabama. They didn't have NFL players up and down their roster. So we have to see what happens this pre-season, hopefully, and then we can get a better gauge on what Ryan is and what he can be.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I still dont understand why they couldnt play him a quarter or 2 in the last 2 games
    No One Does. I don't understand why either, especially when our season was statistically over.

KG or TC is your answer. Pick the poison, but the answer lies among these 2.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!