+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    have you watched watkins play? a lot of his big yards are bubble screens and short passes that he runs with. a lot of guys are "projecting" watkins to get better at route running and become a deep threat, but he is not a deep threat

right now, evans is much more of a deep threat than watkins is

Quick question if Watkins fell to TB at 7 (unlikely) would you consider trading up for him? 12 to 7 isn't as extreme as 12 to 5

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I've been begging for Evans forever

If you're thinking of this season, then banking on a rookie WR is never a good idea. WR's usually take 2-3 years to really come on.

I think the team wants to see what RR does in his 3rd year and JJ in his 4th year before they use their top pick on a guy that, through his draft status alone, would likely put both of those guys on the bench.

Cruz is an 80+catch, 1,200+ yard guy, MM has shown the ability to be a 60+ catch guy and don't forget what he did for this offense in 2010 when everyone else was injured, he's got big play ability.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

I thougth I heard the other day that Murphy is gone. If someone has already mentioned that mea culpa.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I thougth I heard the other day that Murphy is gone. If someone has already mentioned that mea culpa.
    Murphy is a Buc.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by luni View Post
    watkins will be taken at least by 5th pick in draft.
    he CAN fall to 12

Although, that would require getting GMs picking from 4-11 drunk the night before and getting them in some compromising positions for us to "take advantage of".......by way of a few pics

Which is possible

/red

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
    If you're thinking of this season, then banking on a rookie WR is never a good idea. WR's usually take 2-3 years to really come on.

I think the team wants to see what RR does in his 3rd year and JJ in his 4th year before they use their top pick on a guy that, through his draft status alone, would likely put both of those guys on the bench.

Cruz is an 80+catch, 1,200+ yard guy, MM has shown the ability to be a 60+ catch guy and don't forget what he did for this offense in 2010 when everyone else was injured, he's got big play ability.
    Cruz will not get those numbers without someone on the outside to draw away a double team. With what the Giants have now Cruz will be double teamed as I don't think teams believe RR is that much of a threat. Even if RR has a decent year, Cruz will not have those numbers without a true #1. MM is old and he is a has-been at this point. Who knows when/if he will actually learn the offense, hes dumb as a box of rocks. Likewise I have no faith in JJ to step up and become a REAL threat.

Yes, the Giants BADLY need a true #1 WR

This draft is real deep with receivers as well. Don't need to worry about it unless someone like Evans is there. Than it will be highly interesting if Ebron and/or Donald is available.

Would rather wait until 2 or 3 for a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    This draft is real deep with receivers as well. Don't need to worry about it unless someone like Evans is there. Than it will be highly interesting if Ebron and/or Donald is available.

Would rather wait until 2 or 3 for a WR.
    Hard to get a game changer in those rounds though. A quality WR yes, but a game changing #1 with lethal skills and abilities, probably not. Unless the guy was arrested a few times