+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Aaron donald, end thread....
    This doesn't count, not in CAPS.....LOL
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

I just don't get the love for Ebron.

Not a complete TE, bad hands, ....he just isn't very good. Nowhere near a 12th overall pick.

Ebron has good hands but he isn't what the Giants need in terms of a guy who can also block. He is not a complete Tight end. He may fit certain scheme's perfect but Giants other than last year have always had TE's that could do both effectively. I think the Giants have to go DT first round if they choose Donald so be it, its the weakest spot on the roster in terms of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge Bleu View Post
    Ebron is the BEST TE in this draft. We have a huge hole to fill at that position and everything we know about McAdoo says TE is an integral part of his offense. What reason do we have not to go after the best?

Can you get a great value TE in the 2nd round? Sure. But why when you can have the best? I don't want value. I want quality.
    Ebron is the best high ceiling, big play tight end in this draft. He's not the best receiver nor all round TE. That's not a knock it just is what it is. His big play ability and mismatches are what makes him so highly valued. Will potential translate to the NFL? Can he put it all together? I have no idea, just like any other pick technically but he far from a can't miss.
    From games I watched I didn't see him as a bad blocker, I just didn't see him used to block much. I think it was more of their scheme than his lack of blocking ability.
    As a receiver he had a ton of wow plays, one handers, twisting body catches, etc.....and on the flip he drops a lot of easy balls. He does not have good hands. Big plays and good hands are different things.
    IMO his upside is worth taking a chance on as I do have confidence on him being a solid, willing blocker. If he can rid of the dropsies (which is possible) he will be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TRUEBLUE View Post
    WHY do you want TIGHT END who CANNOT BLOCK? WHY?
    and who doesn't even line up inline but split like a flanker?

And pass up on Phenom like Lewan and a more solid TE in Niklas in 2nd?

----------
    2014 Draft
    ----------

1. TAYLOR LEWAN - LEFT OUTSIDE GUARD

2. TROY NIKLAUS - OFFENSIVE END

3. EGO FURGERSON - DEFENSIVE NOSE TACKLE

4. CJ Fiedorowicz - OFFENSIVE END

5. AARON LYNCH -DEFENSIVE ENDS **( Aaron Lynch Defensive End kid reminds me of Justin Truck
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0mj...Av=N0mjLHLc0bA )

6. LOGAN THOMAS - QB
    new offense, could be looking at more TE flanked out to the slot type formations like the Pats, 49ers, Saints all run

Quote Originally Posted by TooEasy2 View Post
    I just don't get the love for Ebron.

Not a complete TE, bad hands, ....he just isn't very good. Nowhere near a 12th overall pick.
    I agree, his hands is questionable and not a good blocker either. His stock right now is too high for my taste, I will take a flier on him maybe at the bottom of the first half.

i think people are overlooking the fact that we have a new offense. we could be seeing a change in what we traditionally do at the TE position. the new wave of the NFL is to have your TE line up in the slot and be a receiving option more often than a blocker, and we have a young new offensive coordinator who was an ex TEs coach and whos ex team has run TEs out wide before.

i honestly dont know what the Giants strategy is for their offense, no one does, but the draft will tell us exactly how it will be. if the Giants take Ebron first you an bet your bottom dollar we will be more like those teams that use their TEs as receivers more often, something were not accustomed to. if we take Evans you can tell WR will be highly valued. and if we go Donald it will show were content with the offense and McAdoo has a plan with these guys already here and could be more of a west coast system.

1st pick to be will dictate how McAdoo and the front office views the personnel we already have on offense and will give an idea of what type of offense we will run

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    We got our blocking TE in Davis and Ebron is not as bad a blocker as some of you make him out to be. I also think people see his dropped balls numbers and think he's got bad hands. I've watched most UNC and 99% of his drops were terrible passes. Ebron has excellent hands, but some of you will only listen to the dummies at cbs sports.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    We got our blocking TE in Davis and Ebron is not as bad a blocker as some of you make him out to be. I also think people see his dropped balls numbers and think he's got bad hands. I've watched most UNC and 99% of his drops were terrible passes. Ebron has excellent hands, but some of you will only listen to the dummies at cbs sports.
    Nothing to do with CBS. Stats are stats, his drop rate of 11.4% is not good.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Nah man…. I watched the tape he is not a good inline blocker, He will have 1-2 great blocks a game. And those drop passes were focus drops, they balls were in his hands and his eyes were either up field or on the incoming defender. Yes their were some high balls that you can question, but Ebron is good for 1-2 circus catches a game at high points you would think he can bring those errant passes down.

Nothing against the player, just not at 12.

Seriously we, including myself are forcing the subject of Ebron ad nauseam, its going to the point where people are going to hate talking about him to the point of they will loathe the pick or he forms a almost homerish following where he is the best prospect since V.Davis

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg