+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    we are better off with those moves also.
    I agree. The entire team was in a funk, and a huge turnover was required. We got a bit younger, and still have a lot of experienced guys.

Joseph and booth were bigger losses IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I agree. The entire team was in a funk, and a huge turnover was required. We got a bit younger, and still have a lot of experienced guys.

Joseph and booth were bigger losses IMO.
    Boothe>Tuck??

I give up on our fan base.

The core of the team is far better than in was in week 16 of 2013. What remains to be seen if Reese can get a couple of game changing type impact players in the draft. That means a great WR, or TE; or a sack machine at DE, a mobile OLB who can cover huge chucks of turf, or a RB who can break a game open. If he can find one or two of those players, and fill; the rest of the draft with quality potential starters and special teamers, I think that this team can do a huge turnaround.

This team should get a lot better as the year progresses. It will take some time to get everyone up to speed; but once they catch on to the scheme they should really show something.

The key is...after the draft....will this team gel? Can they find an identity with so many changes?
    Can the coaches pull this bunch together?
    If so, we have a good chance to make a move to the playoffs.

I think we are much better off than last year already and we still have the draft.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    we are better off with those moves also.
    I agree. Nicks has been injured the last two years and he is a shadow of his former self. As for Tuck, yeah he balled out in 2013 but does anyone remember a few years before? Tuck's injuries and depression made him expedable.

Don't get me wrong though, I really appreciate what these players have given to this team during the Superbowl runs but it was time to part ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    I won't argue that Tuck is as good as he used to be (obv) but who cares? He's still easily one of the best 4-3 DEs in the league, theres getting to be less and less good ones, and he wanted 2yrs 8mil LOL my god.. I think that's more than reasonable, Nicks however is a much more difficult case to argue, but he may have been worth taking one more chance on eespecially at the price he signed at, unless we get Evans which has been the preferable move to me all along, if not than we are continuing to do what we've always done with Eli, make his job harder, and sometimes (last year) straight up impossible, idc what anyone says Joe Montana couldn't do **** with our offensive personel (and playcalling) last year
    Tuck was a great Giant but he is no longer "easily one of the best 4-3 DEs in the league." Not even close. Maybe when he plays the Redskins...

The paragraph beginning with "the need for Schwartz" is very alarming. Didn't realize how poor our draft picks have been.
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE