+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No, take Dennard and let competition weed out whoever doesn't belong on the roster.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Bench Player
    I like dennard but I would prefer Donald or Evans before him

Bench Player
    And Evans only because he is probably needed more than dennard right now. We have Mcbride, DRC, and Thurmond signed past this year at CB.

If Evans is there they need to take him. If not Lewan, Gilbert/Dennard, or Donald would suit us well.

If we go BPA and either CB, Evans, Ebron and Donald are available, my order would be:

1. Evans
    2. Donald
    3. Either CB
    4 Ebron (please JR, don't take this kid at 12.)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    Reese has said in the past that our board is a mixture of best player available + need. Which if you think about it, really isn't the best player available, because your current "needs" might not match up with the best player available.

With the depth we have now, I believe we can actually focus on the best player available to us with in reason. Instead of going into the draft to focus on 1 position, we can now go a few ways. i.e. 1st round could be either WR, TE, OL

This allows us to avoid any David Wilson type mistakes in the draft and not panic when a team takes the 1 player you were focused on drafting. (Which we all know happened when Tampa jumped in front of us to draft Doug Martin).
    David Wilson type mistake? Smh, asinine......

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    can't be true BPA. if a corner or safety is the best BPA i'd be pissed if we took them when that's where we have the best talent and depth.
    True, add QB to the list, not a fan of the QB pool this year and it's not a need IMO.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    can't be true BPA. if a corner or safety is the best BPA i'd be pissed if we took them when that's where we have the best talent and depth.
    If Gilbert is there, you cant pass on the best corner in the draft.If the Giants have him the highest rated player,he will be the choice.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    If Gilbert is there, you cant pass on the best corner in the draft.If the Giants have him the highest rated player,he will be the choice.
    Not completely against it even tho I don't like it, but what do u suppose we do with all these CBs and how do we fill our true needs?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Players get hurt, and you need depth. And if we can draft a guy who can become our best CB in a year or so, you have to explore that possibility. You don't necessarily draft for the perceived needs of this season.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.