+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebanga718 View Post
    Any mock with no WR in 1st 3 rounds is a colossal failure
    Haha, didn't catch that

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

This is a WR-heavy draft, and for this go-around I tend to agree. It's not an area of dire need, but I think Reese should be willing to pull the trigger on someone in the third or fourth round if he feels the value is there. I like Cody Lattimer a lot. Put up freak numbers at the combine and his tape more than passes the eye test.

No it isn't, especially if a TE is taken early.

Well we better get a TE or WR in the first 3 rounds. I don't care which but we need a solid pair of hands and threat to open space for Cruz and give E more options.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    No it isn't, especially if a TE is taken early.
    Beat me to it

- Homer J. Simpson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mainer View Post
    No way the Giants take Amaro over ASJ or Nikilas. Talk about a guy who can't block is just a wr in TE clothing. Plus I have a feeling he will be off the board before the second round to a team like New England who could use a replacement for Aaron Hernandez.
    Amaro has a higher ceiling than ASJ or Nikilas. He is a passing threat that is willing to block, he is a capable blocker he needs to improve on inline blocking as its something he rarely did at TT. review the tape, he is only third on Mayocks list due to the poor combine performance, but you do not measure a prospect on just combine you need to look at the body of work

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Amaro has a higher ceiling than ASJ or Nikilas. He is a passing threat that is willing to block, he is a capable blocker he needs to improve on inline blocking as its something he rarely did at TT. review the tape, he is only third on Mayocks list due to the poor combine performance, but you do not measure a prospect on just combine you need to look at the body of work
    If you watch individual game highlights of amaro you will see he DOES block and fairly well during some games. Only question is can he be taught how to block on an NFL level so he can actually contribute year 1? People have been debating about WR/TE and the bottom line is we need one of those positions to come in and immediately help the offense. I'd rather go DT in round one and TE in round 2 than take ebron in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    If you watch individual game highlights of amaro you will see he DOES block and fairly well during some games. Only question is can he be taught how to block on an NFL level so he can actually contribute year 1? People have been debating about WR/TE and the bottom line is we need one of those positions to come in and immediately help the offense. I'd rather go DT in round one and TE in round 2 than take ebron in round 1
    We just need a TE who isn't terrible at blocking, Davis is the Pascoe upgrade

- Homer J. Simpson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen43 View Post
    Dude you don't gotta tell me lol tell them, I see him blocking CB/S/ and some LB's he can block and get some leverage doing it, He doesn't do much inline blocking, but when he does he doesn't shy away from getting physical, he's is far from finesse he plays physical. I have him rated above Ebron Loook up the post I wrote about TE's specifically, I did enough research as I could on the top 3 prospects and to me its 1.Amaro 2a. Ebron 2b. ASJ as an overall grade.

I agree I think the hype on ebron would push ASJ/Amaro to the second round, only one TE is going round one, I feel the better value is in the second round for TE.

He can be taught to inline block, but he might not have to do that much , just a chip block and go so he can threaten the seam and give the OL time to adjust or just help. We don't need a blocking TE we need a receiving threat to take the pressure off the WR's and give eli a short-intermediate target to cut down on those INT's and increase his Yards.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg