+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think in that scenario you really must consider Barr as well...

1). Houston- Blake Bortles QB Ucf
    2). Rams- Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    3). Jaguars- Javadeon Clowney DE S.Carolina
    4). Browns- Johnny Manziel QB Tex A&M
    5). Raiders- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
    6). Falcons- Greg Robinson OT Auburn
    7). Bucs- Mike Evans WR Tex A&M
    8). Vikings- Teddy Bridgewater QB L'Ville
    9). Bills- Jake Matthews OT Tex A&M
    10). Lions- Justin Gilbert CB Ok St.
    11). Titans- Anthony Barr OLB Ucla
    12). Giants- Aaron Donald DT Pitts, Eric Ebron TE Unc, or Kony Ealy DE Mizzo.

Starter
    I still think if we have Matthews or Lewan there at 12, we will run up to the podium and pick him. If Evans is there though, we'd be foolish to let that go. I'd be dissapointed if it played out that Ebron was our best option.

1-CLE: Clowney (Cleveland trades their double firsts to trade up to #1 to pick Clowney)
    2-STL: Robinson
    3-JAX: Bortles
    4-HOU: Bridgewater
    5-OAK: Watkins
    6-ATL: Mack
    7-TB: Matthews
    8-MIN: Manziel
    9-BUF: Evans
    10-DET: Gilbert
    11-TEN: Barr
    12: NYG: Ebron or Donald

im just really starting to think we go offense 1st round. like overall i think Donald would be the best pick there and that could set up our dline for a long time, but at the same time our offense was awful last year and we havent done anything to improve playmakers besides Jennings at RB. We're worse at WR and TE than we were last year. unless theyre sold on Kellen Davis at TE or starting a day 2 TE from day 1, then i see them taking Ebron or Evans. its just starting to make so much sense to me for Ebron. McAdoo was a TE coach for awhile, we have a completely new offense coming in which could break away from our traditional inline TE role and maybe see the TE in the slot more, we dont have anyone respectable to start at TE right now, and its our biggest hole going into the draft.

im just not sure the Giants wait until round 2,3,4 to take their starting TE and im starting to believe the Giants new starting TE will be coming from the draft, i just dont see Davis or Robinson as legit options there

1). Houston- Clowney
    2). Rams- Watkins
    3). Jaguars- Bortles
    4). Browns- Manziel
    5). Raiders- Mack
    6). Falcons- Robinson
    7). Bucs- Evans
    8). Vikings- Bridgewater
    9). Bills- Matthews
    10). Lions- Gilbert
    11). Titans- Barr
    12). Giants- that leaves.. Donald, Ebron, Lewan & Zack Martin

Got another one assuming no trades made:

1-HOU: Clowney
    2-STL: Watkins
    4-CLE: Robinson
    5-OAK: Mack
    6-ATL: Barr
    8-MIN: Bridgewater
    9-BUF: Manziel
    10-DET: Clinton-Dix
    11-TEN: Gilbert
    12-NYG: Evans

Realistic projection for a possibility of Evans falling to #12. Don't know if it's all that probable (it requires three of Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, and TB passing on quarterbacks, and Minnesota and Buffalo both taking QBs instead of Evans) but it could happen...

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    1. Texans - Clowney
    2. Rams - Watkins
    3. Jaguars - Mr. Football
    4. Browns- Bortles
    5. Raiders - Mack
    6. Falcons - Robinson
    7. Bucs - Evans
    8. Vikings - Bridgewater
    9. Bills - Matthews
    10. Lions - Gilbert
    11. Titans - Lewan
    12. Giants - Ebron

what do you guys think? think it could play out like this?

EDIT: i had Donald here, but just the thought of how we really only have Jennings, Cruz, maybe Randle as offensive threats and we could really use something to help there. i would prefer Donald as a overall player, but this offense could really use the help Ebron would bring it. I really dont think theres a way we go onto the season with Kellen Davis as starting TE and im not sure Coughlin would start any rookie TE besides a 1st round pick
    If your going with the lack of OW approach. Id say pick up Evans in the first, or trade back and pick up Benjamin and an extra pick or two. Then pick up Nikolas or ASJ in the 2/3 round for a starting TE.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Realistic projection for a possibility of Evans falling to #12. Don't know if it's all that probable (it requires three of Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Houston, and TB passing on quarterbacks, and Minnesota and Buffalo both taking QBs instead of Evans) but it could happen...
    why would Buffalo take Manziel?.. They used a 1st on Manuel last year

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post

Buffalo isn't taking a QB... EJ was their 1st round pick last year and has the size, tools, athleticism, and intangibles to be a great player. He played well in his first year when he was on the field. If not for his injuries He would have been an OROY last year. Had two come from behind wins. Bills FO is high on him. Unless they feel like they must sell tickets by grabbing manziel so they can sell/move the team easier I doubt a QB is in their first two days