+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    No player compares to LT, greatest player ever!
    Agree. Clowney's performance this year showed he can be stopped. He probably played not to get hurt, but don't forget the competition was only at college level.

Clowney is great player, but not super star type of prospects. Those players just aren't available in every draft. This is not a good year to have the top 2 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by QFFL View Post
    Agree. Clowney's performance this year showed he can be stopped. He probably played not to get hurt, but don't forget the competition was only at college level.

Clowney is great player, but not super star type of prospects. Those players just aren't available in every draft. This is not a good year to have the top 2 picks.
    Clowney is a once in a decade prospect

Clowney is the truth. Anyone who asks my opinion of him, I give the same answer everytime. He should not be passed on in the draft. People says he plays sparingly, he is not a team player, he's in it for the money . . . . . yeah yada, yada yada. This guy with the right organization and right coach, can be one of the greats.

He has LT comparisons . . . . . . on his abilities., I don't know of too many players who can match LT's heart, passion and tenacity.

Banned
    I dont get the LT comparison. In LTs mind he was getting his man and nothing was going to stop him. Clowney is a gulifted athlete but doesnt have that intensity, few in NFL history have.

If Clowney had that switch, that would be scary. Even a sub par athlete is unstoppable if he feels that way in his mind .

Sadly I dont think we have yet seen a physically gifted freak with supreme intensity yet. One day that guy will come along.

St Louis has already expressed interest in potentially trading down - If Clowney doesn't go #1, I honestly could see the Giants trading up for him. Clearly it's not likely, but the possibility is there.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
    St Louis has already expressed interest in potentially trading down - If Clowney doesn't go #1, I honestly could see the Giants trading up for him. Clearly it's not likely, but the possibility is there.
    We would have to trade at least our next two years first round picks to move up to number two. No pick is ever a guarantee, but Clowney is as close to a lock as you can get. So, why not give up two first round picks that might not be stars for 1 guy who's a once in a lifetime prospect?

Yes Yes Yes

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    We would have to trade at least our next two years first round picks to move up to number two. No pick is ever a guarantee, but Clowney is as close to a lock as you can get. So, why not give up two first round picks that might not be stars for 1 guy who's a once in a lifetime prospect?
    I agree -- as I've been posting for weeks, if the NYG believe that Clowney is truly a game changer -- they'll trade up and give two first round picks and two other picks to St. Louis.

Can you imagine the explosion in the sports world?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    You can only compare LT to LT... anything else is a slap in the face. That's how good LT was in his prime.
    Enough said. Close this thread !
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Banned
    Clowney will never come close to LT

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Clowney will never come close to LT
    How are you so sure?