+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Matthews, Cooks, or Benjamin, in that order. Though i believe Benjamin is Stephen Hill 2.0, who hasn't done much with the jets.
    Martavis Bryant reminds me of the Stephen Hill of this draft class. Freakish type measurable guy who is really raw. A boom/bust pick for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post

How is Jordan Matthews not getting his due? 6'3 205 and runs 4.46. Runs great routes and has better hands than Michael Floyd coming out. I don't understand how people keep picking Benjamin over him.
    Give me Matthews all day in the 2nd round.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

How is Jordan Matthews not getting his due? 6'3 205 and runs 4.46. Runs great routes and has better hands than Michael Floyd coming out. I don't understand how people keep picking Benjamin over him.
    Hey who knows, maybe Reese has Matthews ranked over Benjamin. I would be ok with Matthews in the 2nd rd. He is a very good WR, great work ethic and a high character guy
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Matthews or Allen Robinson in the 2nd.. Fiedorowicz or Niklas (if he falls) in the 3rd..
    I too would be ok with that, though I don't know much about Allen Robinson, except what some posters have mentioned.

That is a reason why I would be ok if Evans is gone by 12 or if Reese passes on him at 12. I think there is very good WR talent in rds 2, 3 and possibly 4.

The same applies for TE---I would take Niklas or Fiedorowicz in a heartbeat. There is no need to absolutely have Ebron at 12.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I completely agree. I have us taking Matthews in my mock in the third. May not last that long. I can see Matthews Cruz and JJ top 3 unless RR surprises me. MM can also press RR for snaps.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Cooks is not a good fit right now, he's another Cruz type of reciever. We need an Evans, Mathews, Moncreif, Latimer, or Coleman type of guy

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Martavis Bryant reminds me of the Stephen Hill of this draft class. Freakish type measurable guy who is really raw. A boom/bust pick for sure.
    He looks much smoother than Hill to me. The big knock on him appears to be his IQ -- scouts really questioning his intelligence -- ability to understand offensive concepts and reads.

Watching some game film of the guy -- he is a big/fast/smooth athlete.

One scout commented that Clemson offense was a very poor fit for him and that his production was greatly reduced by S-Watkins presence. Scout said that Raven type deep-ball offense is built for Bryant. If we could grab this kid in 3rd round I'd be ok with that -- not sure we have enough of a WR need to grab him earlier than that but he'd be a nice depth pick at #73.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Niklas reminds be of Bavaro, so what's not to like!
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Hey who knows, maybe Reese has Matthews ranked over Benjamin. I would be ok with Matthews in the 2nd rd. He is a very good WR, great work ethic and a high character guy
    I really was not impressed with Matthews in the Senior Bowl week/game -- did not look explosive or seem to create separation -- I like the M-Bryant (Clemson) kids upside much more.