+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pick your bust

If only GMs looked at this MB's their lifes and jobs would be easier.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I don't know if he'll be a BUST, but in my mind, the most over-rated player spoken of on these boards as a possible future Giant is Mike Evans.

He benefited from having a QB above and beyond what most defenses could control, and they had to keep extra men in the box to contain him. Lot of broken down plays with him wide open. NFL defenders won't let that happen. He relied on size to manhandle (often waaayyyy too much) defenders, and that won't fly without a yellow flag in the NFL.

A decent player, but I think he belongs somewhere in the 3rd round.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Evans reminds me alot of Plaxico buress and his style of play with the "push offs, at the line of scrimmage' But i do believe Evans has better hands catchin' just the push offs like plaxico he'll get alot of offensive pass interference calls.

I'm tempted to say Ebron, Manziel or Bridgewater. Maybe because of the hype, maybe more of a gut feeling
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I am going to say Marquis Lee or Kelvin Benjamin. If they are in the right system with the right QB they should be fine but if not they could struggle big time I think

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Barr or Benjamin

QB's - Bridgewater

Non QB's - CJ Mosley. Like McCarron, he gets a ratings boost from the program.

Mack, Lewan, Gilbert, Evans

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    So who do you think is the biggest overrated potential bust in this year's first round of the draft?
    Barr, Lewan, Mosley.
    Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 04-07-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Ebron is another to be honest. He is HYPED right now. He is not a good blocker so he really is only a receiving threat, but he drops a bunch of balls. Is he a freak athlete? Sure. Is he Vernan Davis or Jimmy Graham? No. I just dont see it.

5trive for Fiv5