+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Why it has to be OL

The draft gurus and many on this board (including me) have been speculating about everything from moving up for Clowney, to Evans at WR or Ebron at TE. But I just can't forget about how HORRIBLE our offensive line was last year -- and how that ruined Wilson's career, turned Eli into a head case, truly destroyed the season. Ooh . . . remember?

So I have to believe that if we can trade up and get a stud -- Robinson or Matthews -- it's going to happen -- unless we will risk taking Lewan and his bad boy persona -- and even then, we may need to move up to get him.

Agree?
    Last edited by Mick Jagger; 04-06-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Lewan will be there at 12, with the legal concerns, most teams will shy away from that top 10. I don't see us trading up, Evans likely will be gone. Will probably be between Ebron, Lewan and Old mc Donald. I really like Lewan, great size, handled Clowney well. But Donald is the man lol

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Lewan will be there at 12, with the legal concerns, most teams will shy away from that top 10. I don't see us trading up, Evans likely will be gone. Will probably be between Ebron, Lewan and Old mc Donald. I really like Lewan, great size, handled Clowney well. But Donald is the man lol
    But wouldn't that be a mistake? Don't we have to get a quality tackle in here so that all our FA signings don't go for naught?

I've said it other threads.. If Lewan checks out with the front office... I'm on board

If Evans isn't there and the the LT from Michigan is, TAKE LEWAN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PUGH72 View Post
    Lewan isn't worth a top 20 pick even if he had no off field issues

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Why not?

Lewan isn't as physical as you would expect from a guy his size. There's no doubt he shines top OT talent at times but he isn't as consistent as you would like. The only OL prospects I want in the 1st round are Robinson and Matthews. The former has ridiculous upside, especially as an interior player/RT while Matthews has a nice combination of technique/athleticism, not to mention versatility. A lot depends on who gets drafted where but I still think Matthews will have the best career out of the 3.

absolutely ridiculous and clueless statement.

lewan would have been the top rated tackle had he came out last yr's draft according to all the sources I've checked. he's a better OT than Fisher and he went 1 to KC...how is he not worth a top 20 pick if he didnt have off field issues? absolutely comical statement. he's borderline worth a top 10 pick even with the off field issues.

i'd be all for him if i felt we should get an OT rd 1. we dont. we either need a true #1 WR, a starting TE, or help on the DL before we take an OT in RD 1 solely bc we have 3 OT's on the roster as is that could play (Beatty, Pugh, C.Brown). Id rather get interior OL help in rds 2-6

Eh, that's debatable. I really don't think much separates him and Matthews, in fact I think he'll be a better rookie than Matthews but it's all educated guessing right now.

As bad as our OL was it was in part because we had some serious injuries. We were on our 3rd string center and using players we never thought would have to play. With the addition of Schwartz, Waldon, Jerry, and a healthy Snee I don't think we should an olineman with other pressing needs.